<US>The Other Side

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:54:03 -0500

.=:  U S U A L    S U S P E C T S  :=.
      from Father Pat Umberger

"Round up the usual suspects"  ~"Casablanca," the movie

.=:  R A F F L E    T I C K E T S  :=.
     Family Fun Fest

Our Family Fun Fest is October 15th.  It will be a great afternoon of fun
for our parishioners.  We also have Raffle Tickets available.  There are 4
$1000 prizes, a $500 prize and 5 $100 prizes.  If you'd like tickets, see
the special page at our Parish Web Site.  I appreciate the many of you who
help out in this way.  I can't remember a raffle when some of our
cyber-members weren't winners!  One of our cyber-members has won twice in
the St. Pat's Calendar Raffle already!  Just follow the link from:

Fatima / Lourdes/ Spain /France 2006

October 2-13, 2006.  Several seats may still be available. Seats will be
ticketed on 02 September.  If you'd like to join us, act now!
As always, the Pilgrimage Brochure, map of our travels, links to our Hotels
and much more are available at my Web Site.  Just click the link from:

A   T R E A T

Forwarded by one of our members ...
A sick man turned to his doctor, as he was preparing to leave the
examination room and said, "Doctor, I am afraid to die. Tell me what lies on
the other side."
Very quietly, the doctor said, "I don't know."
"You don't know? You, a Christian man, do not know what is on the other
The doctor was holding the handle of the door; on the other side of which
came a sound of scratching and whining, and as he opened the door,  a dog
sprang into the room and leaped on him with an eager show of  gladness.
Turning to the patient, the doctor said, "Did you notice my dog? He's  never
been in this room before. He didn't know what was inside. He knew  nothing
except that his master was here, and when the door opened, he sprang in
without fear. I know little of what is on the other side of  death, but I do
know one thing ... I know my Master is there, and that is  enough."

Author Unknown

May God Bless you and those you love, and keep you safe,

Father Pat

U S U A L    S U S P E C T S

These are called ?Usual Suspects? posts.  In the movie ?Casablanca? when there
was a problem the police chief said, ?Round up the usual suspects.?  When
forwarding inspiring e-mails I found I was sending them to the same people over
and over again.  The ?Casablanca? quote came to mind and the mail-list took on
the name ?Usual Suspects.?

The <US>Usual Suspects Group began as a separate e-mail list with..  A post or
two are sent each week, consisting of inspirational and humorous Stories and
anecdotes forwarded to me by our members.

Posts to this group are not intended to offend, hurt or discriminate against
anybody. They come from different theologies and points of view that aren't
necessarily Father Pat's, Catholic, or that of Father Pat's Diocese or the
parish he serves. Some are humorous, others inspirational, most are both. They
are simply food for thought, prayer, enjoyment and good conversation. If you
don't wish to receive them, please unsubscribe. It is not our intent to pass on
copyrighted material. Many of the posts we receive don't quote a source, so we
can't be absolutely sure. We ask our members *not* to submit copyrighted

Stories for possible Usual Suspects inclusion should
be submitted at our Web Site.

Please do not submit copyrighted material.

Subscribe/Unsubscribe right here:

You can also set Vacation Mode there.

Forward this e-mail freely to family members and friends.
Encourage them to subscribe as well!

Why not join our Morning Prayer or This Weekend List.  Full details are here: