<US>The First Day of School

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 16:50:03 -0500

.=:  U S U A L    S U S P E C T S  :=.
      from Father Pat Umberger

"Round up the usual suspects"  ~"Casablanca," the movie

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, THREE from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008
   Single travelers are most welcome!  Pentecost Tours
   will do all they can to match you with a roommate.

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Imagine yourself spending a couple days on the Mediterranean at
   Sorrento, taking the boat to the Isle of Capri and visiting the
   Blue Grotto there.  Imagine being at an audience with Pope
   Benedict XIV, visiting the Sistine Chapel, Saint Peter's Basilica,
   the tomb of St. Peter himself, the home of Padre Pio, the
   Eucharistic Miracles at Orvieto and Lanciano, Assisi, the home
   of Saint Francis and more!!!

   Our Pilgrimages are very friendly to single travelers.
   There are quite a few signed up for this Pilgrimage.
   You'll make friends quickly, that's for sure.
   Pentecost Tours will do all they can to match you up
   with a roommate if you'd like.  Or, if you'd prefer,
   you could pay the single supplement ($45 per night
   we are lodged in hotels) and have a private room.

   We'll stay in great hotels, each wonderful food and
   return with memories, friendships and inspiration to
   last a lifetime!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago
   (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L

Visit my Web Site for lots of back-to-school resources.
There's even a blessing that can be prayed when sending
your child or grand-child off to school the first day ...
or every day.  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

A   T R E A T

T H E   T H U N D E R S T O R M

A little girl walked to school on her first day of the School year.
through the weather that morning was questionable and clouds were forming
she made the trip.  As the afternoon progressed, the winds whipped up, along
with a thunder and lightning. The mother of the little girl felt concerned
that her daughter would be frightened as she walked home from school, and
she herself feared that the electrical storm might harm her child.

Following the roar of thunder, lightning, like a flaming sword would cut
through the sky. Full of concern, the mother quickly got in her car and
drove along the route to her daughter's school. As she did so, she saw her
little girl walking along, but at each flash of lightning, the child would
stop, look up and smile.

Another and another were to follow quickly, each with the little girl
stopping, looking up and smiling. Finally, the mother called over to her
little girl and asked." What are you doing?'

The little girl answered, "Smiling!  God just keeps taking pictures of me."

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

Father Pat

May God Bless you and those you love, and keep you safe,

Father Pat

U S U A L    S U S P E C T S

These are called ?Usual Suspects? posts.  In the movie ?Casablanca? when there
was a problem the police chief said, ?Round up the usual suspects.?  When
forwarding inspiring e-mails I found I was sending them to the same people over
and over again.  The ?Casablanca? quote came to mind and the mail-list took on
the name ?Usual Suspects.?

The <US>Usual Suspects Group began as a separate e-mail list with..  A post or
two are sent each week, consisting of inspirational and humorous Stories and
anecdotes forwarded to me by our members.

Posts to this group are not intended to offend, hurt or discriminate against
anybody. They come from different theologies and points of view that aren't
necessarily Father Pat's, Catholic, or that of Father Pat's Diocese or the
parish he serves. Some are humorous, others inspirational, most are both. They
are simply food for thought, prayer, enjoyment and good conversation. If you
don't wish to receive them, please unsubscribe. It is not our intent to pass on
copyrighted material. Many of the posts we receive don't quote a source, so we
can't be absolutely sure. We ask our members *not* to submit copyrighted

Stories for possible Usual Suspects inclusion should
be submitted at our Web Site.

Please do not submit copyrighted material.

Subscribe/Unsubscribe right here:

You can also set Vacation Mode there.

Forward this e-mail freely to family members and friends.
Encourage them to subscribe as well!

Why not join our Morning Prayer or This Weekend List.  Full details are here: