<US>"The Buzzard, the Bat and the Bumblebee"

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:53:23 -0500

.=:  U S U A L    S U S P E C T S  :=.
      from Father Pat Umberger

"Round up the usual suspects"  ~"Casablanca," the movie

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N

PRICE GOES UP $100 AFTER TODAY, SATURDAY, 24 JUNE!

FORTY are currently signed up and our goal has been surpassed.
We have ROOM FOR FIFTY, so TEN possible spaces remain.
Early Sign-up Deadline is 24 June. Price rises $100 after that.

It's shaping up to be a great Pilgrimage . to Portugal (Lisbon, Santerem,
Fatima), Spain (Alba de Tormes, Avila, Segovia, Burgos, Loyola, Pamplona &
Javier) and France (Lourdes, Paris & Lisieux).  Out farewell dinner will be
in a restaurant in the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The brochure is now on-line,
along with a map and links to our hotels! The very reasonable price includes
transportation, luggage transfers, all admissions, guide, escort, all
breakfasts and dinners and even a packed lunch for the 1st Class train ride
from Lourdes to Paris. As always we'll celebrate daily Mass and pray the
Rosary when we're traveling. Our dinner on the last night will be served in
one of Altitude 95, a restaurant within the Eiffel Tower in Paris. For
complete details, follow the link from:

        www.frpat.com

You might like to call Pentecost Tours and let them know they can expect
your registration!

      1 800 713-9800

P.S. If you sign up, let me know by e-mail so I can keep an accurate count
of Pilgrims.

A   T R E A T

A pass-along from member Dove

The Three B's

Buzzard, Bat & the Bumblebee

If you put a buzzard in a pen that is 6 feet by 8 feet which is entirely
open at the top, the bird! , in spite of its ability to fly, will be an
absolute prisoner. The reason is that a buzzard always begins a flight from
the ground with a run of 10 to 12 feet. Without space to run, as is it's
habit, it will not even attempt to fly, but will remain a prisoner for life
in a small jail with no top.

The ordinary bat that flies around at night, a remarkably nimble creature in
the air, cannot take off from a level place. If it is placed on the floor or
flat ground, all it can do is shuffle about helplessly and, no doubt,
painfully, until it reaches some slight elevation from which it can throw
itself into the air.  Then, at once, it takes off like a flash.

A bumblebee, if dropped into an open tumbler, will be there until it dies,
unless it is taken out. It never sees the means of escape at the top, but
persists in trying to find some way out through the sides near the bottom.
It will seek a way where none exists, until it completely destroys itself.

In many ways, aren't we sometimes like the buzzard, the bat, and the
bumblebee?  We are struggling about with all our problems and frustrations,
forgetting or worse not ever realizing that the answer is right there
"Above" us.

Psalm 46:10  Be still and know that I am God.

May God Bless you and those you love, and keep you safe,

Father Pat

www.frpat.com
www.cmonback.com
www.frpat.com/fatima_interested.htm

U S U A L    S U S P E C T S

These are called ?Usual Suspects? posts.  In the movie ?Casablanca? when there
was a problem the police chief said, ?Round up the usual suspects.?  When
forwarding inspiring e-mails I found I was sending them to the same people over
and over again.  The ?Casablanca? quote came to mind and the mail-list took on
the name ?Usual Suspects.?

The <US>Usual Suspects Group began as a separate e-mail list with..  A post or
two are sent each week, consisting of inspirational and humorous Stories and
anecdotes forwarded to me by our members.

Posts to this group are not intended to offend, hurt or discriminate against
anybody. They come from different theologies and points of view that aren't
necessarily Father Pat's, Catholic, or that of Father Pat's Diocese or the
parish he serves. Some are humorous, others inspirational, most are both. They
are simply food for thought, prayer, enjoyment and good conversation. If you
don't wish to receive them, please unsubscribe. It is not our intent to pass on
copyrighted material. Many of the posts we receive don't quote a source, so we
can't be absolutely sure. We ask our members *not* to submit copyrighted
material.

Stories for possible Usual Suspects inclusion should
be submitted at our Web Site.

   http://frpat.com/stories.htm

Please do not submit copyrighted material.

Subscribe/Unsubscribe right here:

   www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm#us

You can also set Vacation Mode there.

Forward this e-mail freely to family members and friends.
Encourage them to subscribe as well!

Why not join our Morning Prayer or This Weekend List.  Full details are here:

       www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm