<US>Our Father

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:59:15 -0500

.=:  U S U A L    S U S P E C T S  :=.
      from Father Pat Umberger

"Round up the usual suspects"  ~"Casablanca," the movie

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N
Price goes up $100 in TWO DAYS!
THIRTY NINE are currently signed up and our goal has been surpassed.
We have ROOM FOR FIFTY, so eleven possible spaces remain.
Early Sign-up Deadline is 24 June. Price rises $100 after that.
There were several new inquiries today!

It's shaping up to be a great Pilgrimage . to Portugal (Lisbon, Santerem,
Fatima), Spain (Alba de Tormes, Avila, Segovia, Burgos, Loyola, Pamplona &
Javier) and France (Lourdes, Paris & Lisieux).  Out farewell dinner will be
in a restaurant in the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The brochure is now on-line,
along with a map and links to our hotels! The very reasonable price includes
transportation, luggage transfers, all admissions, guide, escort, all
breakfasts and dinners and even a packed lunch for the 1st Class train ride
from Lourdes to Paris. As always we'll celebrate daily Mass and pray the
Rosary when we're traveling. Our dinner on the last night will be served in
one of Altitude 95, a restaurant within the Eiffel Tower in Paris. For
complete details, follow the link from:

P.S. If you sign up, let me know by e-mail so I can keep an accurate count
of Pilgrims.

A   T R E A T

Forwarded by member Beth from New Jersey.

O U R    F A T H E R

I cannot pray "OUR",
if my faith has no room for Others and their need.

I cannot pray "FATHER",
if I do not demonstrate this relationship to God in my daily living.

I cannot pray "WHO ART IN HEAVEN",
if all of my interests and pursuits are in earthly things.

I cannot pray "HALLOWED BE THY NAME",
if I am not striving for God's help to be holy.

I cannot pray "THY KINGDOM COME",
if I am unwilling to accept God's rule in my life.

I cannot pray "THY WILL BE DONE",
if I am unwilling or resentful of having it in my life.

I cannot pray "ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN", unless I am truly ready to give
myself to God's service here and now.

I cannot pray "GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD", without expending honest
effort for it or if I would withhold from my neighbour the bread I receive.

AGAINST US", if I continue to harbour a grudge against anyone.

I cannot pray "LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION", if I deliberately choose to
remain in a situation where I am likely to be tempted.

I cannot pray "DELIVER US FROM EVIL",
if I am not prepared to fight with my life and my prayer.

I cannot pray "THINE IS THE KINGDOM",
if I am unwilling to obey the King.

I cannot pray "THINE IS THE POWER AND THE GLORY", if I am seeking power for
myself and my own glory first.

I cannot pray "FOREVER AND EVER",
if I am too anxious about each day's affairs.

I cannot pray "AMEN",
unless I honestly say "Not MY will, but THY will be done", so let it be.

   ~ Author unknown

May God Bless you and those you love, and keep you safe,

Father Pat

U S U A L    S U S P E C T S

These are called ?Usual Suspects? posts.  In the movie ?Casablanca? when there
was a problem the police chief said, ?Round up the usual suspects.?  When
forwarding inspiring e-mails I found I was sending them to the same people over
and over again.  The ?Casablanca? quote came to mind and the mail-list took on
the name ?Usual Suspects.?

The <US>Usual Suspects Group began as a separate e-mail list with..  A post or
two are sent each week, consisting of inspirational and humorous Stories and
anecdotes forwarded to me by our members.

Posts to this group are not intended to offend, hurt or discriminate against
anybody. They come from different theologies and points of view that aren't
necessarily Father Pat's, Catholic, or that of Father Pat's Diocese or the
parish he serves. Some are humorous, others inspirational, most are both. They
are simply food for thought, prayer, enjoyment and good conversation. If you
don't wish to receive them, please unsubscribe. It is not our intent to pass on
copyrighted material. Many of the posts we receive don't quote a source, so we
can't be absolutely sure. We ask our members *not* to submit copyrighted

Stories for possible Usual Suspects inclusion should
be submitted at our Web Site.

Please do not submit copyrighted material.

Subscribe/Unsubscribe right here:

You can also set Vacation Mode there.

Forward this e-mail freely to family members and friends.
Encourage them to subscribe as well!

Why not join our Morning Prayer or This Weekend List.  Full details are here: