<US>KIDS!

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:24:56 -0500

.=:  U S U A L    S U S P E C T S  :=.
      from Father Pat Umberger

"Round up the usual suspects"  ~"Casablanca," the movie

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
WE HAVE EXCEEDED OUR GOAL OF 36 TRAVELERS ...
but still have eleven seats available!

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1926.

All but 4 seats must be surrendered to the airlines after August 27th.

The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you will be joining us, let me know as soon as you can so I can keep
track of the group!

A   T R E A T

        K I D S

Whenever your children are out of control, you can take comfort from the
thought that even God's omnipotence did not extend to His own children.

After creating heaven and earth, God created Adam and Eve.  And the first
thing he said was, "Don't."

"Don't what ?" Adam replied.

"Don't eat the forbidden fruit." God said.

"Forbidden fruit?  We have forbidden fruit?  Hey, Eve ....  we have
forbidden fruit !"

"No way !"

"Yes, way !"

"Do NOT eat the fruit !" said God.

"Why ?"

"Because I am your Father and I said so !" God replied, (wondering why he
hadn't stopped creation after making the elephants).

A few minutes later, God saw His children having an apple break and was He
ticked!

"Didn't I tell you not to eat the fruit ?" God, as our first parent, asked.

"Uh huh," Adam replied.

"Then why did you?" said the Father.

"I don't know," said Eve.

"She started it !" Adam said,

"Did not !"

"Did too !"

"DID NOT !"

Having had it with the two of them, God's punishment was that Adam and Eve
should have children of their own.  Thus, the pattern was set and it has
never changed!  But there is reassurance in this story.  If we have
persistently and lovingly tried to give children wisdom and they haven't
taken it, we don't need to be hard on ourselves.  If God had trouble raising
children, what makes you think it would be a piece of cake for us?

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Father Pat

May God Bless you and those you love, and keep you safe,

Father Pat

www.frpat.com
www.cmonback.com
www.frpat.com/fatima_interested.htm

U S U A L    S U S P E C T S

These are called ?Usual Suspects? posts.  In the movie ?Casablanca? when there
was a problem the police chief said, ?Round up the usual suspects.?  When
forwarding inspiring e-mails I found I was sending them to the same people over
and over again.  The ?Casablanca? quote came to mind and the mail-list took on
the name ?Usual Suspects.?

The <US>Usual Suspects Group began as a separate e-mail list with..  A post or
two are sent each week, consisting of inspirational and humorous Stories and
anecdotes forwarded to me by our members.

Posts to this group are not intended to offend, hurt or discriminate against
anybody. They come from different theologies and points of view that aren't
necessarily Father Pat's, Catholic, or that of Father Pat's Diocese or the
parish he serves. Some are humorous, others inspirational, most are both. They
are simply food for thought, prayer, enjoyment and good conversation. If you
don't wish to receive them, please unsubscribe. It is not our intent to pass on
copyrighted material. Many of the posts we receive don't quote a source, so we
can't be absolutely sure. We ask our members *not* to submit copyrighted
material.

Stories for possible Usual Suspects inclusion should
be submitted at our Web Site.

   http://frpat.com/stories.htm

Please do not submit copyrighted material.

Subscribe/Unsubscribe right here:

   www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm#us

You can also set Vacation Mode there.

Forward this e-mail freely to family members and friends.
Encourage them to subscribe as well!

Why not join our Morning Prayer or This Weekend List.  Full details are here:

       www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm