<US>God's Children; WE'RE BACK!

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <usualsuspects@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 07:29:11 -0500

 .=:  U S U A L    S U S P E C T S  :=.
      from Father Pat Umberger

"Round up the usual suspects"  ~"Casablanca," the movie

 B A C K    U P    A N D    R U N N I N G

Our Usual Suspects Group is back up and running after severe list server
problems and a web host and software developer pointing fingers at each
other for weeks. Finally, I moved our lists to Freelists.org.  Special
thanks to John Madden for agreeing to host our lists.  Freelists hosts only
technology-related lists, so we'll increase our highlighting of technology a
bit, too.  If you have ideas, pleas send them to me! Service with Freelists
should be better and faster . so I should be able to increase the number of
posts to this group.  It was very hard when it was taking up to 24 hours to
send one post!  Subscribe/Unsubscribe information is slightly different, but
will be included in each e-mail and at the Web Site.  You can also set your
account to Vacation mode.  It's all done here:

      www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm

If you "unsubscribed" in the past few days there's a chance your e-mail
address remained on the list, through a glitch in the old software that
doesn't remove addresses until the next post is sent out.

T E C H    T I P    F R O M    F A T H E R    P A T
Secure sensitive information.

On our Parish Web Site we include some information not to be seen by all.
For example, phone numbers of Ministers, Knights of Columbus, etc.  Some
visitors have tried to access those documents and have encountered a
"password" screen.  There's no fancy trick to this, but it's not easy to
figure out how to do it.  Most webmasters have access to "Adobe Acrobat."
The secret is to create an "Adobe Acrobat" password-protected document that
can then be e-mailed or uploaded to your Web Site.  Check this one to learn
how.  The password is simply password.  Here's the link:

      www.frpat.com/documents/adobelock.pdf

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N / L I S I E U X / P A R I S Nineteen
are currently signed up.

The brochure is now on-line! Follow the link from:

        www.frpat.com

A   T R E A T

A forward from member Anita, from San Diego ...

    G O D ' S    C H I L D R E N

Whenever your children are out of control, you can take comfort from the
thought that even God's omnipotence did not extend to His own children.

After creating heaven and earth, God created Adam and Eve.  And the first
thing he said was, "Don't."

"Don't what ?" Adam replied.

"Don't eat the forbidden fruit." God said.

"Forbidden fruit?  We have forbidden fruit?  Hey, Eve ....  we have
forbidden fruit !"

"No way !"

"Yes, way !"

"Do NOT eat the fruit !" said God.

"Why ?"

"Because I am your Father and I said so !" God replied, (wondering why he
hadn't stopped creation after making the elephants).

A few minutes later, God saw His children having an apple break and was He
ticked!

"Didn't I tell you not to eat the fruit ?" God, as our first parent, asked.

"Uh huh," Adam replied.

"Then why did you?" said the Father.

"I don't know," said Eve.

"She started it !" Adam said,

"Did not !"

"Did too !"

"DID NOT !"

Having had it with the two of them, God's punishment was that Adam and Eve
should have children of their own.  Thus, the pattern was set and it has
never changed!  But there is reassurance in this story.  If we have
persistently and lovingly tried to give children wisdom and they haven't
taken it, we don't need to be hard on ourselves.  If God had trouble raising
children, what makes you think it would be a piece of cake for us?

May God Bless you and those you love, and keep you safe,

Father Pat

www.frpat.com
www.cmonback.com
www.frpat.com/fatima_interested.htm

U S U A L    S U S P E C T S

These are called ?Usual Suspects? posts.  In the movie ?Casablanca? when there
was a problem the police chief said, ?Round up the usual suspects.?  When
forwarding inspiring e-mails I found I was sending them to the same people over
and over again.  The ?Casablanca? quote came to mind and the mail-list took on
the name ?Usual Suspects.?

The <US>Usual Suspects Group began as a separate e-mail list with..  A post or
two are sent each week, consisting of inspirational and humorous Stories and
anecdotes forwarded to me by our members.

Posts to this group are not intended to offend, hurt or discriminate against
anybody. They come from different theologies and points of view that aren't
necessarily Father Pat's, Catholic, or that of Father Pat's Diocese or the
parish he serves. Some are humorous, others inspirational, most are both. They
are simply food for thought, prayer, enjoyment and good conversation. If you
don't wish to receive them, please unsubscribe. It is not our intent to pass on
copyrighted material. Many of the posts we receive don't quote a source, so we
can't be absolutely sure. We ask our members *not* to submit copyrighted
material.

Stories for possible Usual Suspects inclusion should
be submitted at our Web Site.

   http://frpat.com/stories.htm

Please do not submit copyrighted material.

Subscribe/Unsubscribe right here:

   www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm#us

You can also set Vacation Mode there.

Forward this e-mail freely to family members and friends.
Encourage them to subscribe as well!

Why not join our Morning Prayer or This Weekend List.  Full details are here:

       www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm