<US>A Christmas Prayer

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 06:15:52 -0600

.=:  U S U A L    S U S P E C T S  :=.
      from Father Pat Umberger

"Round up the usual suspects"  ~"Casablanca," the movie

M E R R Y    C H R I S T M A S

I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Holy and Healthy New Year.
How fortunate we are to have a God who sent his only Son as his living Word.
We are not alone.  God is with us.  Let's look for the presence of Christ in
all we meet today.  Let's open the areas of our brokenness and pain too, and
let Jesus be born there.  The people of Saint Patrick Parish in Onalaska
wish you a Merry Christmas.  Keep us in your prayers and know you're
remembered in ours as well!

N E W    C H R I S T M A S / E P I P H A N Y   W A L L P A P E R
New Windows Wallpaper

Visit my Web Site for the sweetest wallpaper ever!  It's good through
Epiphany, too ... and you'll want to use it for much longer!  Just download
the image, double-click on it ... then choose "set as background."  It's
right here:

       www.frpat.com/images/wpprkings06.jpg

O U R    C H R I S T M A S    C A R D

Click the "Christmas Banner" for our Christmas Card to you.  There's much
more too, including:

   *The Christmas Scriptures
   *A picture of my sister and I on Santa's lap
   *Christmas stories, games and activities for all ages
   *Christmas Recipes
   *A Prayer before Christmas Dinner
   *Enough links to keep you occupied for hours!

Follow the link from: www.frpat.com/

N E W    C O M P U T E R S ?

Chances are you'll visit someone who has a brand new computer.  Why not
recommend our Web Sites, our Daily Morning Prayer and our Weekly Spiritual
Reflection.  Help the new user to sign up.  Just fill out the easy on-line
form and click "submit."  An e-mail will come to their box from the
Freelists Server in a minute or two.  Then all they need to do is respond,
affirming that they're the ones who would truly like to subscribe.  That's
all there is to it.  There's more information about Morning Prayer and This
Weekend at:

      www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 6

Why not join us and visit the land of Jesus' birth.  We'll leave for the
Holy Land for another wonderful Pilgrimage in mid-October or early-November
2007.  Sign up at my Web Site for more information as it becomes available!
www.frpat.com

A   T R E A T

A forward from member Alicia ...

   A    C H R I S T M A S    P R A Y E R

     ~ by Robert Louis Stevenson

Loving Father, help us remember the birth of Jesus, that we may share in the
song of the angels, the gladness of the shepherds, and worship of the wise
men.

Close the door of hate and open the door of love all over the world.

Let kindness come with every gift and good desires with every greeting.

Deliver us from evil by the blessing which Christ brings, and teach us to be
merry with clear hearts.

May the Christmas morning make us happy to be thy children, and Christmas
evening bring us to our beds with grateful thoughts, forgiving and forgiven,
for Jesus' sake. Amen.

May God Bless you and those you love, and keep you safe,

Father Pat

www.frpat.com
www.cmonback.com
www.frpat.com/fatima_interested.htm

U S U A L    S U S P E C T S

These are called ?Usual Suspects? posts.  In the movie ?Casablanca? when there
was a problem the police chief said, ?Round up the usual suspects.?  When
forwarding inspiring e-mails I found I was sending them to the same people over
and over again.  The ?Casablanca? quote came to mind and the mail-list took on
the name ?Usual Suspects.?

The <US>Usual Suspects Group began as a separate e-mail list with..  A post or
two are sent each week, consisting of inspirational and humorous Stories and
anecdotes forwarded to me by our members.

Posts to this group are not intended to offend, hurt or discriminate against
anybody. They come from different theologies and points of view that aren't
necessarily Father Pat's, Catholic, or that of Father Pat's Diocese or the
parish he serves. Some are humorous, others inspirational, most are both. They
are simply food for thought, prayer, enjoyment and good conversation. If you
don't wish to receive them, please unsubscribe. It is not our intent to pass on
copyrighted material. Many of the posts we receive don't quote a source, so we
can't be absolutely sure. We ask our members *not* to submit copyrighted
material.

Stories for possible Usual Suspects inclusion should
be submitted at our Web Site.

   http://frpat.com/stories.htm

Please do not submit copyrighted material.

Subscribe/Unsubscribe right here:

   www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm#us

You can also set Vacation Mode there.

Forward this e-mail freely to family members and friends.
Encourage them to subscribe as well!

Why not join our Morning Prayer or This Weekend List.  Full details are here:

       www.frpat.com/morningprayer.htm