[USS Tempest] "Damn your CTRL + ALT + DEL" PK Tomilson, CMO

  • From: CmdrSkyler@xxxxxxx
  • To: usstempest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 03:56:59 EDT

"Damn your CTRL + ALT + DEL"
PK Tomilson, CMO

After having spent a quiet evening in the lounge with Byron, sitting and as
he would call it "wormhole" watching, PK returned to her quarters only to find
 the message light blinking on her comm console. Thinking to herself, what in
the  hell is wrong now, she pressed the flashing green light. Once she had
done that  she immediately regretted it.

To her most unfortunate ears this is what she heard:

"Greetings, Tempest crew.  By now, I'm sure you're all familiar with  the
technical problems we've been having.  Engineering is having to resort  to a
complete ship wide system reset.  It will take approximately  twenty-four hours
complete so that, unfortunately, that means nothing is  going to work and
that you ought not to be aboard while it's rebooting  itself.  I'm going to be
starting the process in an hour.  Hopefully  that gives everyone enough time to
save their work to separate sources.  If  there are any questions or problems,
please see me, the captain, or Chief  Lynley.  We'll help you sort whatever
it is out.  Le Beau out."

She then sent another message to the doc.  "Don't worry, Doc, your  sign's
completely safe.  I owe you a cherry coke if you can verify I'm not  a Ferengi
female with Vulcan ears and a fetish for hasperat."

"Great, just great, now I have to go back on the station and find someplace
to stay and I refuse to stay at Qurk's or Quart'z or whatever his name is.
With  all the brass around I will be lucky if there is anyplace to stay."

She looked at the damnable computer only to find it still blinking. "Now
what does it want?"

Pushing the stupid green button again she heard the annoyingly cheerful
voice of Rosie, again, "Don't worry, Doc, your sign's completely safe.  I  owe
you
a cherry coke if you can verify I'm not a Ferengi female with Vulcan  ears
and a fetish for hasperat."

Upon hearing that, PK couldn't help but laugh. She had to send a message in
return while she still had time.

"Greeting's Rosie. If you can fix my equipment and I test it on you and it
does in fact verify that you are not a Ferengi female with Vulcan ears with a
fetish for hasperat, I will give you a discount on your next crew  physical."
Pushing the red button PK sent the message on it's away along  the circuitry
hoping it made it's way to the proper source.

Since it was only supposed, key word, supposed to be for 24 hours, PK  packed
a small bag which included her own tricorder and a few medical supplies  and
a change of clothes. She then looked around to make sure she hadn't  forgotten
anything, reached up to touch her Doc Sawbones sign and headed back to  the
station. Halfway through the tunnel she realized she had forgotten  something,
perhaps something important. She had forgotten Charlie.

Rushing back she knocked on Charlies door, gave her a quick kiss, packed a
bag for her and grabbed her hand, this time the two of them made their way
through the tunnel to DS9 in hopes of finding a place to lay their weary heads.

If nothing else they could always sleep in the lounge watching the  wormhole.