<USS Meridian> Lost But not forgotten

  • From: "Charles Singleterry" <Razerwolf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "USS MERIDIAN" <ussmeridian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 19:11:45 -0600

Lost but not forgotten.

By lt.jg.mortok

     Mortok was sitting in his quarters looking out at the stars. He never
imagined finding someone that cares for him as much as Kailani does. He always
imagined a life were he was loved and deep in his heart he wanted his dreams to
be real. Now right in front of him his dreams are coming true. It was like she
reached into his heart and took all the walls that protected him away. Every
time Mortok thought of her a smile came across his face.  She gave him courage
and love.

     Mortok stood and walked over to the replicator and got a cup of tea and
sat at his console do some reports that were a little over do. He logged into
the terminal and went to work. As he tapped the buttons, without knowing it he
started humming the wedding song. He just kept typing and humming. After a
while he finished the report and saved the work then logged off.

     After he got dressed to go out he walked out of his quarters and into the
Turbo lift. He ordered it to go to 10-forward and he waited for it to make the
short journey.  Once the lift stopped he exited and walked into the lounge and
sat at the bar, and ordered a glass of blood wine. He wasn't sitting there more
then 20 minutes when the Operations officer called him to inform him that his
father was hailing. Mortok tapped his comm.. and said he would take it in his
quarters. He left the lounge and made the short journey back to his room and
sat at the console once more and took the call.

     A smile came to his face when he heard his fathers voice. "Nuqneh my son.
How are you?" His father asked with a firm voice. Mortok replied. "I am fine
father. How is you and mom?"

     "We are fine my son, It is your uncle we are calling about." He said with
a worried voice. "His ship was destroyed earlier today. We are still getting
the details but We know it was a glorious battle. But..." He never got to
finish before Mortok went unglued he couldn't believe it. His uncle was the one
man that helped him when he was growing up. His father had to be away so his
uncle stepped in to help.

     Mortok looked at his father and together they gave out one hell of a yell
to warn Sto-vo-cor that a warrior was coming and beware.  He sat there for a
little and they talked for a little before they let each other go.

     Mortok just sat there and went into meditation to get rid of the anger. He
tried to picture his wedding and all came back to his uncle.