<USS Lovisa> A Time To Listen And Learn: Part 1

  • From: Tiffani Pontchartrain <starseeker2005@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: usslovisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 21:59:05 -0500 (EST)

As I continued to sit in the Observation Lounge and listen to the various
discussion taking place around me, I began to ponder the many things of
interest that have been discussed at this most unusual meeting.

  I listened in surprise as I heard the other Sivaoan, Moonshadows To Ennien,
tell the Captain that two people were missing, as well as a repair craft.  She
continued by telling him that his young son might also be missing and that they
were either on the visitors ship (Porter's Hope) or down on the surface of the
planet.

  As Moonshadows moved to a corner of the room and asked the Captain if he
would require a sensor sweep to find the missing people, I continued to listen
to the ongoing discussions with Interest, as I was learning about the various
groups and people here with every comment that was being made.

  Even though I was listening to the various discussions, my attention was
riveted on Monnshadows; I wanted to know more about this other Sivaoan and it
seemed that I would not have the opportunity to gain that knowledge at this
time, which was rather frustrating.

  I continued to listen more closely to Moonshadows than to the other people
around me; she asked the bridge crew for a scan of the surface to find the comm
badges and the repair craft, then walked over to the Captain.  He requested
that she take another security officer and a team to the surface; Moonshadows
asked if she should search for the Captain's missing daughter.

  I heard someone mention shore leave; my ears perked when I heard this, as I
desired very much to feel the surface of a planet again beneath my feet.

  When the Captain is informed by the bridge crew that the repair craft has
been found on the surface near the village directly below the starship, he
tells Moonshadows that, if she were to find his daughter, that would be fine,
but that her first priority would be to find the repair craft.

  I watched as Moonshadows asked the Captain if he would be safe with the
visitors, listened to his affirmative response and then reported that she was
on her way.  She left the Observation Lounge in a rush.

  I continue to listen to the various discussions taking place around me,
cataloguing bits and pieces of information relating to crew members and
visitors alike; my ears were twitching rapidly the whole time.