[USSHorizon] "What to Write" by Lt. Skyler, Deceased

  • From: Frankie Wilkinson <ltfwilkinson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Horizon <usshorizon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:33:20 -0700 (PDT)

"What to Write"
  Lt. Skyler, Deceased

  Personal log from the dead. If you are reading this I obviously didn't return
from the away mission. It was.....to say the least the worst away mission I
have ever been on. I'm not blaming anyone, no one knew what to expect. We were
just out numbered and very unlucky.

  It all started because some colonist's failed to report in or communications
had been lost. Being dead tends to make ones memory fuzzy....so you will have
to excuse any inconsistencies you may find.

  We traveled by shuttle to the planet's surface where from that point on, all
hell broke loose. We picked up a few life signs and headed in their direction
when the surface collapsed beneath us. We ended up sliding down a slimy, grime
covered tunnel into a large cavern. After checking that everyone was okay....at
least at this point. Everyone started scanning the cavern. There were several
tunnels going in different directions all showing some signs of life. The only
question was were they human life signs. The only way we were going to find out
was to go and search one of the tunnels.

  From this point on it got worse. We started passing strange looking egg like
containers. They were showing up as life signs but definitely not human ones.
After a little more exploring we found a single colonist yelling for his life.
He seemed to be trapped in some bizarre kind of goo. While several of the away
team tried to un-stick him, I made the mistake of getting curious.

  Upon hearing a noise I turned to see that a couple of the eggs were cracking
and trying to hatch. At this point pulling out my phaser seemed like a good
idea. I wasn't really all that anxious to meet whatever was trying to come out
of it's shell. Unfortunately it would seem that I had no choice. Several more
of the eggs hatched what looked to be over grown tribbles with egg on their
faces.....if you could find their faces.

  At first backing away from them and trying to ignore them seemed to work. I
said at first. It didn't last long as they started turning red and hissing at
us. They were intelligent enough to block our way out and form a fairly well
defined defensive stance. My communicator would not reach the surface so we had
no way of contacting the ship. That was not a good sign.

  Nor was it a good sign when Big Mama Tribble came roaring in. Headed straight
for me. Why they headed for me....I haven't a clue. Was it my scent, my uniform
or random chance. I have a feeling it was preordained from a higher source, not
to be mentioned here. Before long a rather large group of these matted fur
balls attacked and completely covered me. It didn't take long before I could no
longer feel anything. I could however, sense that the rest of the team had
managed to escape.

  By now I have become lunch for Big Mama and her children. I hope I was a
satisfying meal. I know I didn't enjoy it.

  The last thing I would like to say is that to Ame I leave my supply of
pockey. Eat it well and enjoy it. To Ensign Bourne I leave the security team
and whatever else is salvageable from my office. To Dr. Cami I leave the
"special" deck of playing cards. It is sure to keep her entertained when
sickbay is empty. To Cmdr. Frankie Wilkinson I leave the knowledge that I will
get even. Even if I have to haunt him from the grave.

  End Log of deceased Lieutenant Skyler (Damn they demoted me in the
process.....ooooh someone will pay.