<USS Eagle> "Yellow Alert."

  • From: Lukas <CaptFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "April Styles" <CommoAprlFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 00:36:32 -0400

ON

Lukas sat in the command seat and listened as his oficers reported the readiness of each department in the Yellow Alert status.  He smiled inwardly at the efficiency of his crew.  The dors of the turbo-lift could be heard opening.  Lukas turned to see his adopted son, Malachi, and hos acting XO, Lt. Borek enter the bridge.  Malachi moved to the science station and Borek came directly to the command arena.

Mal saw that Ensign Gibson was seated at the science station.  He was fully prepared to sit at the auxilary station,and assist, but it was Gibbson who moved to the auxilary station.

"We want you to get the most experience you can, kid," Gibson said with a smile.  "I'll back you up."

"Thank you, sir," Malachi said taking Josie Tracy's usual spot.  He almost wished Max would appear on the monitor.  A lot of the officers did not like the AI, but Mal enjoyed Max.  He checked all systems and saw extensive scans were still being conducted.

"Captain," came the voice of Ensign Harriman at OPS.  "I am receiving a transmission from the Horse, sir, on the trader frequencies.  They say the quarry is on the move and the Eagle could be prey."

"Send a simple acknoldgement blip, Ensign," Lukas said.  He looked to the science station.  He smiled when he saw Mal diligently working the science scanners and Gibson working alongside him.

"Are we going to try and take Chekov, sir," Borek asked.

"if Ah cain avoid an open conflict with them, lt, Ah will," Lukas told the one.  "They have a definite advantage with the cloak, and if they can't take us they'll just go back in hahding.  Mah guess is Gladaham will trah and take Eagle lahke he did the Chekov."

"You think they have the codes, sir," Borek asked.

"If they're headed our way, Lt., you cain count on it," Lukas said calmly  "At least the old codes."

"Of course, sir," theone said.  "I should have guessed you would anticipate this."

"You're learning, Lt." Lukas said with a smile.  He resisted the urge to ask Malachi if he had spotted anything yet.  Lukas knew both the officers at the science stations were doing their best.

Malachi was half listening to the conversation going on between the CO and XO.  his heart filled with pride when Lukas had so sooly answered the question about the Chekov getting their codes.  Malachi knew that kind of information would have made his heart drop in fear, but it was comforting to know his father had already anticipated it.  Suddenly his attention was drawn to his console as he noticed a sensor blip.

"I have them, sir," Malachi called out.  Gibbson looked startled at Malachi, and then checked his console again.  Sure enough, there they were.  The impulse exhaust was showing up like a road on a roadmap.  "Heading 357, Mark 1.  They're coming in real slow."

"What is the location of the Trojan Horse," Lukas asked.

"They're about five minutes out, sir," Malachi reported.  "They're traveling via one of the more popular trader routes."

"Helm," Lukas ordered.  "Make a slow turn towards the trader lane.  Let's give the Horse all the oportunity to get as close as they can to the Chekov."  He called out to the OPS officer.  "Mr Harriman.  Monitor frequencies carefully.  They will atempt to take control of us.  Make certain they don't get the new codes.  They will trah for them.  As the trader ship gets nearer, we'll also hail them as if we have no ahdea who they are, and warn them outta the area.  Hopefully Gladaham will be listening."

"Aye, sir," Ensign Harriman acknowledged.

"Okay crew," Lukas said to everyone in general.  "Let's give Commander Marqusa a chance to complete her mission.  Tactical be on stand-bah.  We will destroy the Chekov if we have to."

OFF
Commodore Lukas Fyrstk
Commanding Officer

Malachi Fyrstk