<USS Eagle> XO Duty Log

  • From: "Gwen" <GwenivereMarqusa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 12:29:23 -0500

XO Duty Log

Stardate 60727.7

     We were sent to see what happened to a research station that Starfleet
lost contact with.  Upon arriving at the station, we found no lifesigns.
Life support was still operational, however all defensive systems seemed to
have been disabled.  I took a team over to the station that consisted of
myself, Lt Fox, Lt Matsu, and Lt Soren.  Upon arrival we found ourselves in
the transporter room.  The transporter chief lay dead on the floor from what
appeared to be phaser fire.  Lt. Fox said that he would need to check out
the Command Deck to get further information.  We were about to head up there
when the Cadet Wren contacted us and reported that an Orion ship had just
entered the territory, that we were about to be beam back onboard the Eagle.

     Within a couple of minutes of being beamed back aboard the Orion ship
fired an unknown type of weapon at us.  With one shot they disabled the
entire defensive systems, not unlike what happened onboard the station.
When I walked onto the bridge a minute or two later, I noticed that the
tactical station looked destroyed and the tactical officer manning the
station was seriously injured.  I overheard Cadet Wren state that our
shields were down and the Orions were demanding immediate surrender and that
they were going to beam over.  I moved to an auxiliary station and was able
to get VERY basic shielding up using the navigational deflectors.  It
wouldn't do much to stop phaser fire or a torpedo, however, it would make
things more difficult for anyone trying to beam over to the ship.  The
Captain gave the order to high tail it out of the system.  We were able to
make a safe escape.

     I must also add that Ens Jaren, the officer who had been manning the
tactical station when this all occurred, died shortly over this incident
from complications relating to his wounds.  He was just recently married,
and had been planning on bringing his wife onboard the ship next month,
after she had taken care of a few things.  I will be contacting her, and his
parents, informing them of his death in the line of duty.  That is one thing
that is never easy.

END log

Cmdr. Gwenivere Marqusa

XO