<USS Eagle> Sim of 090520

  • From: Lukas <captfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 14:07:43 -0400

http://www.spsims.com/eagle.html
SP Chat Room
NOTES:

Weill, I do not know what has happended to Lt. Commander Marsu, and/or Lt. Melody.  They have seemed to disappear from the simming community.  I do hope they are alright.  I guess that means we will be in search of some new officers.

Also, you may note a new link, under the mighty Eagle.  That is the new IRC Starfleet Phoenix chat room.  Because AIM has become more and more finnicly, we will be using that for our sims.  If for any reason that one is being used, we will create one for the Eagle specifically.  It's just that easy.

Sim(s) Recap:
"Murder On the Eagle"
Officers present: Commodore Fyrstk. Commanders Marqusa, Haas & Lost, Cadet Styles
NPCs used: Lt. Commanders Soren (Marqusa) & Vanik (Haas), Lt. Tanlin (Styles), Ensigns Banning (Styles) & Wren (Lost)
Stardate: 63217.92 (03/21/2386 13:00 hours)

The perpetrator in the murder of Lt. Workstoohard is finally identified.  Lt. Tanlin is spotted in the corridors near the replicator which had been used to make the poison, and then had the logs tampered with.  When confronted by Lt. Commander Soren, Tanlin immediately requested legal counsel.  The Ealgle then met up with the USS Iron Horse, to turn the body over to Captain Workstoohard.

Respectfully submitted,
--
20:38   CommoFyrstk ATTENTION ON DECK
20:39   EnsBanning  ::AA::
20:39   CmdrHaas    ::AA::
20:39   LtCmdr_Soren    ::AA::
20:39   Ens_Wren    ::AA::
20:39   Cmdr_Marqusa    ::AA::
20:39   CommoFyrstk Captain's Log, supplemental.
20:41   CommoFyrstk We are still searching for the killer of Lt. Workstoohard.
As Ah said previously, Ah would lahke to have an answer before we meet with
Captain Workstoohard.
20:41   CommoFyrstk CO> ::stops at the XO's office, rings the chime::
20:42   Cmdr_Marqusa    xo>Come.
20:42   CmdrHaas    CENG> ::Looks towards the door::
20:42   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO>::looks to Rommie for a moment::
20:42   CommoFyrstk CO> ::Enters:: How are we making out?
20:43   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> Well, the information the Ens Banning sent us from
the images near the console, make it pretty clear that only one person even
came close to it.
20:44   CommoFyrstk CO> That was mah thinking as well.
20:44   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> Of course, someone else could have slipped through
another way, and there is no definite proof that the science officer we saw
actually went TO the console
20:44   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> We can't prove it in court with what we saw Captain.
20:45   CommoFyrstk CO> Ah would suggest a little interrogation is in order,
Commander.
20:46   EnsBanning  SCI> ::Working on the bridge::
20:46       *** LtCmdrVanik joined #starfleetphnx
20:47   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> I believe Cmdr Soren has already talked with her
20:47   LtCmdrVanik ::sits in the command chair, while the CO is off the
bridge::
20:47   CommoFyrstk CO> But not since this new evidence.
20:48   LtCmdrVanik HELM> :: gets up from the command seat and walks over to
OPS:: (q) So, who do you think did it?
20:49   Cmdr_Marqusa    (( afk ))
20:49   CmdrHaas    CENG> :: listens to Gwen and Lukas::
20:51   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac>::starts talking with other science officers,
focusing on the relationship between Workstoohard, Tolee and Tanlin::
20:53   Ens_Wren    Ops> :: shrugs :: I don't know, didn't spend much time
around the science people
20:53   CommoFyrstk ACTION: Soren's investigation shows that Tanlin had a
definite interest in Workstoohard. ::
20:53   LtCmdr_Soren    (( What kind of "interest" . . . personal,
professional, good, bad? ))
20:54   CommoFyrstk ((Personal, good))
20:54   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> I will talk with Soren about the interview and how
it went. You knew about the images, so I'm assuming you were with Soren when
she saw them, what was her . . . impressions of it Sir?
20:55   Ens_Wren    Ops> You have any idea Cmdr?
20:56   LtCmdrVanik HELM> (q) Well, so many from Sciences are certain it was
Tolee.
20:57   Ens_Wren    Ops>(q) I have heard that as well, but, I know personaly
just how off rumors can be
20:57   CommoFyrstk CO> Mah impressions? Ah'd have Tanlin in mah ready room,
already, if Ah didn't have youres and Soren's expertise.
20:58   Cmdr_Marqusa    (( Gwen said "her" impressions ))
20:58   Cmdr_Marqusa    (( as in Soren's ))
20:58   LtCmdrVanik HELM> (q) Yeah, and you heard how... :: points over his
shoulder:: Banning saw Tolee the supposed time the poison was manufactured.
21:00   CommoFyrstk ((Just take it as Lukas giving you his impressions anyhow.))
21:00   CmdrHaas    CENG> I'm just here for the mechanical expertise. ::
smiles::
21:01   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> I can see you're point Captain. I'm sure you would
have had Tolee thrown into the brig too with the original evidence. Soren
obviously has a plan in mind. It is her investigation Captain.
21:01   Ens_Wren    Ops>(q) what do you mean?
21:02   CommoFyrstk CO> Ah probably would have, that's for sure.
21:02   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> Even though we now know he's not guilty, he
couldn't have done it.
21:03   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> At least we know now. I don't like that we have a
killer roaming the decks free any better then you do sir.
21:03   LtCmdrVanik HELM> (q) Banning said he had seen Tolee in the science
labs, when the repilcator was being used to make the poison.... the replicator
NOT in the science labs.
21:04   CommoFyrstk CO> Then fahnd who did it, Gwen. Ah'll be on the bridge.
21:05   Ens_Wren    Ops> (q) You doubt Banning sir?
21:05   LtCmdrVanik HELM> (q) Who? Banning? Heck no, the kid's a boy scout.
21:05   Ens_Wren    Ops> (q) then we know Tolee couldn't have done it.
21:06   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO>::looks at Rommie for a moment:: Captain, I'm sure
Soren will do her best to solve this murder::
21:06   LtCmdrVanik HELM> (q) Yeah, WE know that. The rest of the egg-heads in
Sciences need to figure that out as well.
21:07   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> Captain, once this investigation is over, I think
we need to have a chat about Security.
21:07   CommoFyrstk CO> Help her out, Gwen. ::Turns towards the door, and
leaves::
21:07   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> :: sighs :: (q) He's doesn't get my point, does he
Rommie?
21:08   CmdrHaas    CENG> ::waits til the door closes:: He's not real happy at
the moment.
21:09   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> And you think *I* am? I want to jump in and just
take over. But I can't.
21:09   CmdrHaas    CENG> I don't think Lukas just left you any choice.
21:10   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> :: smiles a little to Rommie :: He said "help" not
take over. And help, that I can do. I'm going to go talk to Soren and see what
she needs me to do. :: Stands ::
21:11   CmdrHaas    CENG> ::leans towards her and kisses his wife:: I don't
envy your position at the moment.
21:12   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO>:: smiles genuinely :: I don't envy it either. When
this is done though, the Captain and I will need to discuss the matter of CSec.
But now is not the time for that. There is a killer out there that needs to be
behind forcefields
21:13   CmdrHaas    CENG> Agred.
21:14   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> :: squeezes Rommie's hand, then heads out to find
Soren::
21:14   CommoFyrstk CO> ::Steps onto the bridge, sees Vanik by OPS:: Problems,
Mr. Vanik?
21:15   Ens_Wren    Ops> :: Looks over as the Captain walks in::
21:15   LtCmdrVanik HELM> :: snaps to attention, now has the "caught" look on
his face:: None, sir. Just discussling .... something with Ensign Wren.
21:16   Ens_Wren    Ops> :: starts typing some things on her console:: He
wanted me to check out msg's to and from Workstoohard and a couple of others
Captain.
21:16   CommoFyrstk CO> ::steps down to his command seat:: Ah do hope it has
something to do with where we're headed, Commander.
21:17   Ens_Wren    Ops> To see if there was anything incoming that might be
related Sir. We were just discussing the case.
21:17   LtCmdrVanik HELM> just checking on the status of our rendesvous ship,
sir.
21:18   CommoFyrstk CO> Just so you know, Commander, Ah cain hear her just
fahne from this vantage point.
21:19   Ens_Wren    (( ?? ))
21:20   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> :: Chimes the door to the Conference room that
Soren is using, not wanting to just walk in::
21:20   CommoFyrstk ((Lukas is referring to being able to hear any OPS reports
just fine from the command seat.))
21:20   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> Come in. :: Assumes it's the next person she
wanted to interview::
21:21   LtCmdrVanik ((I knew that))
21:21   Ens_Wren    (( I'm still lost))
21:22   LtCmdrVanik HELM> Aye, sir. Of course. ::Moves to the helm and nearly
throws the replacement officer out of his seat.::
21:23   Ens_Wren    Ops> ::looks from the CO to the Helm confused, then shrugs
and goes back to work::
21:25   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> :: walks in and waits for the door to close:: How's
the investigation going Soren? The Captain is getting impatient. Anyway I can
help?
21:26   Ens_Wren    Ops> :: continues going over communication logs::
21:26   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> Yes, I am well aware of his impatience. He was
here not that long ago looking quite aggitated. Most illogical.
21:27   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> Have you seen the images from the halls near the
console Cmdr?
21:27   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> I understand his aggitation and yes, I've seen
them. I understand you've already talked with Tanlin.
21:29   CommoFyrstk CO> [OPS] Is there any communications from the Ahron Horse,
Ensign Wren?
21:29   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> I have, and she attempted to paint a picture that
Workstoohard was constantly on Tolee. One that, as of yet, I have not been able
to confirm. No one else in Science seemed to have noticed Workstoohard being
overly hard on Tolee, but they have said that Tanlin has been rather interested
in Workstoohard.
21:30   Ens_Wren    Ops> Negative Captain. Not as of yet. :: returns to the
logs::
21:30   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> I was actually just about to go and have another
chat with Lt. Tanlin. If you'd care to come along Cmdr.
21:31       *** EnsBanning is now known as Lt_Tanlin
21:31   Lt_Tanlin   (( I love this chatroom))
21:31   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> ::nods:: I would. I do want to make one thing clear
Cmdr. This is your investigation, and I am not trying to take over.
21:32   Cmdr_Marqusa    ( LOL
21:32   Cmdr_Marqusa    (( I'm not so sure about it yet ))
21:32   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> ::nods:: Computer, locate Lt. Tanlin.
21:32   LtCmdrVanik ((It works for me. I can be my own person))
21:33   Ens_Wren    (( Easier to forget who you are ))
21:33   CommoFyrstk COMPUTER> Lt. Tanlin is now in the science lab.
21:34   CmdrHaas    ((That's easy for me no matter what i am using.))
21:34   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> ::Heads for the Sci Lab::
21:34   LtCmdr_Soren    (( I was getting pretty good at it with AIM ))
21:35   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> ::follows Soren and lets her enter the lab first::
21:35   CmdrHaas    ((Just gotta remember who is where))
21:35   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> Lt. Tanlin. might I have another word with you.
21:35   Ens_Wren    (( which is much easier with AIM ;) ))
21:36   Lt_Tanlin   SCI> I am in the middle of an experiment, Commander.
21:36   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> The experiment can wait Lt.
21:36   CmdrHaas    ((You could do the same with multiple browser windows,
instead of tabs))
21:36   Ens_Wren    (( although, I must admit, I like being able to tell who's
typing ))
21:37   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> :: Looks at the experiment that Tanlin is working
on::
21:38   Lt_Tanlin   :: It is a simple growing experiment, that REALLY doesn't
need watcing::
21:38   Lt_Tanlin   :: But Tanlin figures a secutity officer wouldn't know
that::
21:39   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> Lt. I believe your experiment will be fine without
your attention. You're currently just growing something at the moment.
21:40   Lt_Tanlin   SCI> :: looks confused, then nods to the XO:: Aye,
Commander.
21:41   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> I believe Soren has a few more questions for you.
:: motions for Tanlin to follow Soren out::
21:41   Lt_Tanlin   ((It's weird not having to put the NPC name in there, but
cool))
21:41   Cmdr_Marqusa    (( Very weird! ))
21:42   Lt_Tanlin   SCI> I have told her all I know of Ensign Tolee, sir.
21:43   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> If you'd prefer to do this right here, in front of
the others science personnel in this lab, we can. Or we could talk in a more
private place.
21:45   Lt_Tanlin   SCI> Right here is fine, Commander.
21:47   CmdrHaas    CENG> ::Steps onto the bridge::
21:47   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> As you wish. I have been talking to others in your
department. None have been able to confirm what you've told me about
Workstoohard and Tolee. In fact, some have said quite the opposite.
21:48   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> :: standing behind Tanlin so that the Lt. was
between Soren and herself.::
21:49   Lt_Tanlin   SCI> :: gets an angry look, and glances around, then back
to the Vulcan:: I cannot speak for their impressions, Commander. I have told
you what I have seen.
21:50   CmdrHaas    CENG> :: goes to the engineering console, checking the
outputs::
21:50   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> Your record also indicates that you excel in the
use of computers, enough so that you could fake someone else's signature on a
requisition of chemicals, and erase the data from the cameras in the corridor.
21:52   Lt_Tanlin   SCI> :::Momentary look of unsuredness, then looks at
Soren:: You actually think I could do that, Commander?
21:53   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> You forgot to take out the recordings from the
areas around that console. The images explicitely show you heading towards the
console just before the chemical was manufactured, and shows you leaving. No
one else went near.
21:53   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> Recordings also show you near Workstoohard about
the time he was poisoned.
21:54   Lt_Tanlin   SCI> If you are now accusing me, Commander, I want an
advocate.
21:54   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> There are also recordings of Ens Tolee in the
science lab at the time of the poisoning. He could not have killed Lt.
Workstoohard.
21:55   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> Were you in love with the Lt, and he spurned you
Tanlin?
21:56   Lt_Tanlin   SCI> I am not going to say anything further without a
lawyer present, Commander.
21:56   Cmdr_Marqusa    XO> :: smiles:: You don't have to. You forget that I'm
half betazoid. Your emotions were clear.
21:57   Lt_Tanlin   SCI> :: glares at Gwen:: Then you have all your answers,
Commander. You don't need me to say anthing further.
21:58   LtCmdr_Soren    Tac> That is correct. You will follow us to the Brig.
21:58   Lt_Tanlin   SCI> ::nods:: As you wish.
21:58   CommoFyrstk PAUSE SIM
21:58   LtCmdr_Soren    ::AA::
21:59   Ens_Wren    ::AA::
21:59   LtCmdrVanik ::AA::
21:59   Cmdr_Marqusa    ::AA::
21:59   CmdrHaas    ::AA::
21:59   Cmdr_Marqusa    ((more people to do ::AA:: for ;) ))
21:59   Lt_Tanlin   ::AA::
21:59   Lt_Tanlin   ((LOL))
22:00   CommoFyrstk Looks like you two (Gwen & Soren) need to do some more
detective work to get the proof. But you do have the killer.
22:01   CmdrHaas    Will adn empath's sensations hold up in court?
22:01   Cmdr_Marqusa    I would assume it would, but not as sole proof by
anymeans