<USS Eagle> Sim log/recap 070516

  • From: Lukas <captfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 12:24:28 -0400

http://www.starfleetphoenix.com/eagle.html

Notes:

I will set things up in a future log, and hopefully it will spur some of you to do some writing this week.  Gotta keep the message board alive you know.

Sim Recap:
"The Research Station"
Officers present: Comodore Fyrstk, Comander marqusa, Lt. Commanders Haas, Lost & Dr. Hamza, Lts. Matsu & Fox, Dr. (Ltjg) Melody, A-Ensign Fyrstk
NPCs used: Lt. Vanik (Haas) & Soren (Marqusa), Cadet Wren (Lost)
Stardate: 60727.05 (0923/2383 09:00 hours)

The Eagle is, once again, sent on a long distance mission.  This time, they are asked to investigation lost contact with a research station, set up in far reaches of the Alpha Quadrant to try and monitor T'Kil activity.

Once the ship makes the jump, they find a research station, not much larger than the Eagle itself.  Further investigation finds it's whole crew, or at least those left aboard the station have been slaughtered.  The station's defense systems literally slagged and burned out.

As the investigation continues, the away team is suddenly pulled back to the ship, as a large ship, appearing Orion in origin, sudddenly drops into real space and opens fire on the Eagle, instantly rendering the ship defenseless.  The Eagle barely manages to escape the larger ship before they, temselves are boarded.

CommoLukasFyrstk: ATTENTION ON DECK
stephenfox01:  :AA:
ltyoshikomatsu: ::AA::
RomnHaas: ::AA::
*** ltjgmelody has joined the chat.
Malachi Styles: ::AA::
ltjgmelody: ::AA::
Gwen Marqusa: ::AA::
T L Lost: ::AA::
CommoLukasFyrstk: Captain's Log, Stardate: 60727.05 (0923/2383 09:00 hours
CommoLukasFyrstk: Starfleet has once again asked us to make use of our
slip-stream drahve.
*** ltteboktrkhev has joined the chat.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Theyhave lost contact with a remote base which had been set
up to monitor possible T'Kil activity.
CommoLukasFyrstk: Ah, personally, am hoping this doesn't turn out lahke our
last jump.  That was just too close.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [HELM]  Mr. Vanik, you have the coordinates.  Engage.
ltteboktrkhev: [I may have to leave early]
CommoLukasFyrstk: [Thank you.  We won't send you on the away mission then]
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Gets the sensors ready::
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :sitting at an engineering console enjoying another duty
shift in the heart of the ship:
T L Lost: HPW>::at the Ops station, having been back on the bridge several days
now::
ltjgmelody: CNS> ::Sitting in the Councelor's chair on the bridge::
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> Aye, sir.  Going to warp one.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::hopes this isn't going to be as "interesting" as the last
trip::
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::trying to concentrate on his studies::
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> Warp one, Captain.  Engaging slip-stream.. now.
ltteboktrkhev: Ratchet><CMO>::In sickbay::
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :smiles as the ship jumps to warp and looks over at the
next person and their station: I dont care what you say, this ships drive
system is a thing of beauty.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Sir shall I call Malachi to help keep an eye on the
scanners?
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [CSCI]  If you feel you need him, Lt.  Feel free.
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :chuckles as the maintenance tech roles his eyes at
Stephen:
RomnHaas: CENG> :enters Engineering:: [AENG] Report, Mr. Fox.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>+Mal+ Ensign Fyrstk please report to the bridge and tell
your holoteacher not to roll her eyes like that...
stephenfox01:  <AENG> <CENG> All systems at peak efficency.  And it is a thing
of beauty sir.
Malachi Styles: SCI>+[CSCI]+ Aye, Lieutenant. ::looks to the holo-teacher::
You heard her.
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::switches the lessons off and heads for the bridge.::
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::wonders how Mal keeps up with his studies if he keeps
getting pulled out of them::
RomnHaas: CENG> :Smiles::  Yes, Lt.  It certainly is.
Malachi Styles: SCI> :enters the bridge.  Walks to his station::  Ensign Fyrstk
reporting as ordered, Lt.
stephenfox01:  <AENG>: turns back to his console: <CENG> Working on this ship
makes me wonder how long it will be before the systems on this ship are
standard thru out the fleet.
ltteboktrkhev: [got to leave. my family calls. Good night. See you next week]
*** ltteboktrkhev has left the chat.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Please man the secondary science console and keep an eye
out for unuseal activity. We are going into another possiable T'Kil area.
RomnHaas: CENG>  Funny thing about that, Lt.  They are still unsure this system
will work.
ltjgmelody: CNS>::Thinks to Mal:: ~~I hope this time we can leave in peace and
with out the massive psichic headaches.~~
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::Sits down:  Aye, sir. ::a shudder runs thru him as he
suddenly thinks about the great sorrow he felt the last time::
stephenfox01:  <AENG> <CENG> :gives off a short laugh:  I sometimes think we
have become more careful now adays.  Back in Zepheren Cochren (sp) time, you
know they had to take more risk then we seem to now.
Malachi Styles: SCI>~~ I am with you on that one, Mel, but at least we know
what to expect.~~
ltjgmelody: CNS>~~Dang and I forgot my foil hat too.~~
Malachi Styles: SACI> ::lets out an audible chuckle::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  The Eagle arrives at the coordinates::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Looks at Mal with a raised eyebrow.:: Is Max playing
around on your screen again Mal?
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> We've arrived, sir.  Disengaging Slip-stream.
::disengages the drive::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Keeps an eye on the scanners.::
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :runs a quick check of all ships systems as the ship
drops back to normal speeds:
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> Go to 3/4 impulse, Mr. Vanik.  [OPS]  Cadet Wren.  Trah
and raise the station.
T L Lost: <HPW> Aye sir.  ::attempts to hail the station on standard and
nonstandard frequencies::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  The station does not respond on any frequency::
T L Lost: <HPW> I'm getting no response on any frequency Captain.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [TAC]  Anything on sensors?
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>::scans the area::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ::the area is clean with the exception of standard ion
trails::
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>[co] Negative sir.  Just standard ion trails, nothing
unexpected.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [CSCI] Lt. Matsu, see if the ion trails match anything in
our database.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>Hai Captain. ::Starts running a match program.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [HELM] Mr. Vanik.  Take us tot he station, assume a
standard parking orbit.
T L Lost: <Ops>::keeps scanning different frequencies, including rarely used
ones::
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM> Aye, sir. ::approaches the base::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  The station comes onto the viewer.  It is a small
research station, not much larger than the Eagle.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ::Scans of the station show it is powered up, but has no life
signs::
Gwen Marqusa: <xo> Soren, scan the station for any signs of trouble
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac> I'm detecting power aboard the station, no outward
signs of trouble
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Sir Scanners indcate that the station has power but I'm
not picking up any life signs.
CommoLukasFyrstk: ::Soren's scans show tactical defense systems on the station
are down:
Gwen Marqusa: <xo> Captain, permission to take a team over and investigate
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>  You read mah mahnd, XO.
Gwen Marqusa: Soren><tac>[xo/co] Defensive systems are not active.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo> Soren, Matsu meet me in transporter room 1
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [XO]  At this pont Ah think it is safe to assume this is
not a T'Kil attack.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::nods:: If it is, it's very different from other known
attacks.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Hai Commander.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>+CE+ Lt. Haas, please meet me in transporter room 1 for an
away mission.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Stands:: You have the station Ensign Fyrstk.
Malachi Styles: SCI> Aye, lt.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Heads for the TL::
*** Gwen Marqusa has left the chat.
RomnHaas: CENG> [AENG] Mr. Fox.  Why don't you handle this away mission
*** Gwen Marqusa has joined the chat.
Gwen Marqusa: (that was odd)
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::heads to the transporter room::
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :turns around: <CENG> Aye sir :smiles as he grabs a tool
kit and heads off to the transporter room:
RomnHaas: CENG>+[XO]+ Gwen, I am sending Lt. Fox in my place.
Gwen Marqusa: Soren>::follows the Cmdr::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Waits for the others in TR1::
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>+CE+ Acknowledged
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :grabs a phaser and tricorder on the way and enters TR1:
:nods a greeting to those already in the room:
Malachi Styles: SCI> ::Sees a match come up for the ion trails.  Instructs the
computer to recheck::  Captain.  I have a match for the ion trails but it seems
unlikely.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> CO>  Unlahkely, Mal?
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::arrives in the TR:: Everyone ready?
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>Hai Commander.
Malachi Styles: SCI.> Aye, sir.  It identifies with Orion ships, Sir, but out
this far?
stephenfox01:  <AENG> <XO> Si Commander :takes his place on the padd:
Gwen Marqusa: <<Si?>>
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Gives a sideways glance to Fox.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [SCI]  Double check the fahndings.
stephenfox01:  (spanish for yes)
Gwen Marqusa: ((Please, everyone, just speak English))
stephenfox01:  (Sorry, was feeling a little latin tonight)
ltyoshikomatsu: (But I always say Hai for yes....)
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::steps up onto the transporter pad, once everyone is on,
indicates to the chief to energize::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ((Hmmmmm.... Nevermind.  LOL))
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :feels Matus glance but doesn't let it bother him:
CommoLukasFyrstk: ((her))
CommoLukasFyrstk: ((Nevermind again))
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  As the away team beams onto the station, the first
thing they see is a slaughtered technician by the transporter console::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> That is not good...
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::pulls out phaser immediately and moves over to the
technician::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Pulls out her tricorder and scans the area.::
Malachi Styles: SCI> [CO]  The computer is confirming it's original analysis,
Sir.
Gwen Marqusa: Soren>::scans the area and the crew, trying to match pattern
against databank::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO>  How old are they, Mal?
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :pulls out his phaser as he moves over to the console
check the station's computer:
Gwen Marqusa: <xo> Lt Fox, what's the status of the life support systems?  Will
they last for a little bit?
Malachi Styles: SCI> Two point five hours at the most, Sir.
CommoLukasFyrstk: :life support is fine.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ::All station defense systems have been burned out::
stephenfox01: <AENG> <XO> :pulls up a system status report: Main power is
holding at 50%, A few of the power relays are off line,
stephenfox01: mainly around the defence systems. Lifesupport is holding steady
though. I will have to get to CNC to tell you more sir.
Gwen Marqusa: (CNC?)
Gwen Marqusa: (do you mean Engineering?)
stephenfox01:  (Well, what do you call a station's Bridge?)
CommoLukasFyrstk: ((Command And Control))
stephenfox01:  (Thank you Lukas)
CommoLukasFyrstk: ))Normaly it would just be considered OPS on a station))
Gwen Marqusa: ((That sounds better))
stephenfox01:  (Okay, sub CNC for OPS then)
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  Ships sensors detect a very large Orion ship drop
suddenly into real space::
Gwen Marqusa: <xo> Okay, lets make our way to Ops.
Malachi Styles: SCI> Captain!  An Orion ship, has just appeared.
T L Lost: <HPW>::keeps a sensor lock on the crew::
ltjgmelody: (They must have hyperdrive on that thing!! Well what do we have on
this thing? A Quesnart?))
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :puts his phaser away and grabs his tricorder as he
follows the XO:
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [OPS]  Recall the away team
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::heads out to find Ops, phaser still in hand::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci> Still no lifesigns Sir.
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [OPS]  Gp tp red a;ert as soon as they're aboard.
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Follows Gwen.::
T L Lost: <HPW>+at+ Eagle to Away Team, prepare to be beamed back aboard the
Eagle.  Orion ship just appeared.
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::frowns and stops:: acknowledged.
T L Lost: <Ops>::transports the team back to the Eagle's TR1::
Malachi Styles: SCI>  Captain, I am detecting a power build-up on the Orion
ship.
T L Lost: <Ops>::raises red alert::
Gwen Marqusa: Officer><tac>::raises sheilds just after the away team is
returned::
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Heads for the bridge.::
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> [YAC2] Ready weapons.  Cadet, warn them to stand down.
T L Lost: <Ops>::sends out a stand down message on known Orion frequencies::
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :sighes as he appears back aboard the Eagle: So much for
solving that mystery: jogs out of the TR and to the nearest TL so he can head
to engineering:
Gwen Marqusa: Officer><tac>::prepares weapons::
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::makes way back to the bridge quickly::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ACTION:  The Orion ship fires, the beam strikes the Eagle's
shields, exploding the tactical console::
Gwen Marqusa: Officer><tac>::is thrown back in the explosion, severe burns on
face, neck, chest, arms, and hands::
CommoLukasFyrstk: ::The shields immediately fall, and the Orion ship hails
demanding to perpare to be boarded::
ltjgmelody: CNS>::Leaps out of her chair and grabs the bridge med kit rushing
over to the fallen officer.::
T L Lost: <HPW> Captain, sheilds are down, and the Orions are hailing with a
msg demanding we prepare to be boarded
stephenfox01:  <AENG> :makes it into the engine room just intime for the
shaking to start:
CommoLukasFyrstk: CO> ::looks over at the fallen officer. ::: [HELM]  Mr.
Vanik! Get us out of here!!
ltyoshikomatsu: CSci>::Arrives on the bridge.::
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::arrives on the bridge just as Hailey makes her comment::
Gwen Marqusa: <xo>::quickly moves over to an aux tactical station to try to
jerry rig some form of sheilding::
ltjgmelody: CNS>Computer site to site transport to sickbay for two.
RomnHaas: Vanik: HELM>  ::puts the ship into evasive maneuvers and jumps to
warp::
CommoLukasFyrstk: PAUSE SIM

Respectfully submitted,
Lukas Fyrstk. Commodore