[ussbansheec] "Visits"

  • From: "Moria Grace" <bansheec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ussbansheec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 01:33:44 -0500

"Visits"
The Davis' and Comp.

A whole week! This is going to be so cool! Gracie thought as she checked her
bags for the third time. She didn't want to leave anything behind in her
excitement. She was going with her mom, just her, for a week on the Fenchurch.
She knew her mom was going to be really busy, but that didn't take away from
how special she felt. It was going to be a week of just them. With her duffle
slung over her shoulder Grace pulled her big heavy bag out of her bedroom and
down the steps with thundering thuds.

Vevay flinched as she glanced up the stairs. "Taking the kitchen sink too,
sweetie?" she laughed as she caught sight of the massive bag. "That's almost as
big as you are."

"Didn't want to forget something and then need it out there." Gracie explained
as she put her bags next to her mom's bag by the door. "Your cabin has a
kitchen sink right?"

"Yes darling!" Laughing so very loudly, Vevay pulled her little girl into a
huge hug. "You do realize that we have lots of replicators too, don't you?"

Gracie nodded and giggled. "Yeah I know. Mum's told me not to go over board
with yours. I still think we should have one here."

"Replicators are for ships and stations, not my kitchen." Melanie huffed as she
came into the foyer. It was going to be strange having her daughter and her
wife gone, but the look in Gracie's eyes made it easier to handle.

Kissing Grace's head firmly, Vevay let her go and stepped over to her wife,
wrapping her arms around her waist. "I'll feed her well, you know that. Don't
worry about us, we'll be fine."

"I know." Melanie said softly as she kissed Vevay tenderly. With Vevay's arms
still around her waist, Melanie turned so she could look at their daughter.
"You be on your best behavior, miss. Don't give your mother a hard time do you
hear me?"

Gracie nodded. "Yes, Mum."

"Right, are we ready?" Vevay asked as she grinned widely, loving holding her
wife. "I'll just get Commander Fincher to beam us up from here. Want to see her
room, check it's all clean and ready for her?" she asked Melanie.

Melanie kissed her wife again, only longer, a little more firmly. "Better call
Johnny in so he can come up as well."

Sighing softly, regretfully as she let her wife go, Vevay called up to her son,
"Johnny, wanna see my ship!?"

In no time flat the little boy was bolting down the stairs. "I can go too?" He
asked when he came to a dead holt in front of his mom.

"For the day," Vevay nodded, reaching over to ruffle the boy's hair. "Then when
you're 15 you can spend the week too."

John Alen pouted. "But why do I have to wait so long? It's not fair."

"How long did you wait, Gracie?" Vevay asked, trying not to laugh at how cute
her son was.

"Forever." Gracie huffed. "I'd ask and ask and ask and I always got "when you a
little older, Gracie." it was annoying."

John Alen nodded. It was annoying.

"So, there we are then," Vevay chimed. "And now she's old enough, she can come.
But you, little man, are still too young. If I had a family ship, then sure.
But this is a fighter carrier, big, heavy and powerful. Don't you at least want
a tour?"

"Can I sit in your chair? Or in one of the fighters?" John Alen asked with his
brow raised.

"You can do both," his mom said simply. Glancing at Mel, she asked, "If you Mum
says so, I can get one of our pilots to take you out for a spin, you and
Gracie."

Two pairs of bright pleading eyes were suddenly boring a hole through her and
Melanie couldn't help but tease. "I don't know, the fighters aren't toys you
two."

"Mum!" The kids whined in unison.

"Come on Mummy it'll be safe. Please?" Gracie asked.

John Alen ran over and wrapped his arms around his mother's waist and looked up
at her with his best puppy in the window look. "Please Mummy? If you say yes
then Gracie and I promise to be good forever, no fighting, no getting into
trouble, we'll be angels."

Holding her breath, Vevay tried not to laugh but she was shaking with
suppressed giggles. If you believe that, you'll believe anything, she thought
at Mel. "Honest," she said when she finally could without bursting into
laughter, "the pilot I have in mind is extremely talented and safe. You've
heard me talk about Lieutenant Singh? He keeps winning me awards."

Melanie looked pointedly at her wife, a small smirk tugging at her lips.
"Alright, but if this back fires or you guys start acting up all three of you
will be grounded."

The idea of his mom getting grounded floored John Alen and he spun around to
look at her. "Cool."

That did it, Vevay started laughing, finally giggling madly as tears rolled
down her cheeks. "Now that could be fun!"

The look on Melanie's face said it would be, but the look on their son's face
was pure confusion. How could being grounded be any fun? "Being grounded isn't
suppose to be fun, Mommy."

"Very true," Vevay said, getting herself under control and managing to look
chaste again. "But don't you think it would be good to have your Mom grounded
and stay here? Or do you like me leaving?" she teased gently. "Hey Gracie,
Johnny doesn't want us back, how about we just pick a star and go explore?"

Having seen where the conversation between her mothers was heading, Gracie was
more then happy to change the subject. "Yeah! One that's far away."

It took a moment for John Alen to be absolutely sure they were teasing but once
he was the knot in his tummy let go. "Does that mean I can have Gracie's room?
It's bigger then mine."

"Not a chance you little freaky hairless mole rat." Gracie raspberried.

"Be good, tweedles," Vevay warned jovially. "Or Nasir won't take you up."

John Alen gave his big sister a 'ha-ha' look.

"Ok you two lets get up there before the two of you end up grounded before we
even leave the house." Melanie laughed.

Tapping her badge, Vevay said, "Good morning Mr. Fincher."

"Good morning, ma'am," came the clipped, elegant tones of the English
Commander. "Is everyone ready?"

"I need to change the number by a fraction. It'll be four to beam up. I'm going
to give my wife and son a tour as well. Have Lieutenant Singh ready to do a
very brief flight for my children."

"Very brief, ma'am?" Vevay could hear the smirk in her XO's voice. "I'll have a
chat with him."

"Okay, beam us up then Limey," Vevay laughed.

When they materialized in the Fenchurch's transporter room, Melanie looked over
at Vevay, a questioning look in her eyes about the 'very brief' statement.

"THAT WAS THE COOLEST THING EVER!" John Alen proclaimed as he shook to make
sure he was all there.

Blonde, floppy hair draped over a rather dashingly handsome face and light blue
eyes as Jeremy Fincher smiled brightly at his CO. "Welcome home, ma'am. How was
Sheep Country?"

"Wet," Vevay laughed. "This is my family, J. Mel, my wife, Grace, the little
fighter pilot who'll be staying for a week and John Alen who's just here for a
joy ride."

Offering his hand to Melanie, Jeremy beamed. "Good morning, ma'am. Welcome to
the Fenchurch."

Melanie took the man's hand and smiled gently. "Thank you, Commander."

"Mommy can we go see the fighters now?" John Alen asked.

Gracie nodded her agreement. "Yeah can we?"

Jeremy laugh musically. "I can take them down, if you like."

"Oh no," Vevay shook her head firmly. "I want to make sure he understands the
full results of putting my children in any sort of danger."

"Ouch, I seriously don't want to be in his shoes," Jeremy teased. "I'll head
back to the Bridge."

Normally Melanie would have held Vevay's had as they walked together, or Vevay
would have held her close with her arm around her waist, but this was Vevay's
ship and as far as Star Fleet was considered Vevay was a higher ranking
officer, and as far as Melanie was concerned, Vevay had earned her respect as
an officer. "Lead on Captain." She said with a bright, proud, smile.

Vevay gave her wife a brief hug and a kiss before leading her family out of the
Transporter Room and headed to the Turbolift. "What else would you like to look
at?"

"The fighters, and the Bridge, and your chair, and your ready room, and..."
John Alen rattled off every place he knew a star ship had.

Melanie laughed. "Slow down, Johnny. We only have a hour or so before Mom has
to start getting ready for departure."

"So we can see two places," Vevay continued. "The Fighters and?"

"The Bridge." John Alen and Gracie answered in unison again.

"Well that answers that one," Vevay laughed as she called out for Fighter Bay
Two in the lift. Once it was moving, she tapped her badge again. "Lieutenant
Singh, report to your Fighter and be ready for a brief fly-by of wherever you
want."

A deep, rich, Pakistan voice rolled back, "Yes, ma'am. The little bit wants to
have a bit a turn around the Solar System?"

Smirking at Grace and John Alen, she said, "And her brother."

"Cool!" came the response. "I'll get Tien Lung all fired up and ready for the
munchkins."

"Way to go not being condescending, Lieutenant," Vevay laughed again.

"I'm hardly a little bit of anything or a munchkin." Gracie huffed once the
comm was cut. "I'm fifteen for pete's sake."

"Feel free to tease him," Vevay told her daughter. "He needs to be taken down a
peg of ten." As the lift came to a stop, the doors swished open to reveal a
massive hanger bay with rows of fighters all lines up.

A tall, dark haired, dark eyed man with chiseled striking features strode over
and saluted the whole family. His smile was bright and charming as his eyes lit
upon the girl and then his Commander's wife. "Good morning, ma'am."

"Hey, Naz," Vevay grinned, saluting back. "This is my wife and our children."

Gracie's jaw nearly hit the floor and it would have if she hadn't been able to
hide her reaction to seeing the man. He was gorgeous!

"Lieutenant." Melanie greeted.

John Alen's eyes were as wide as footballs as he looked around the bay. "Wow."

"Cool, isn't it?" Nasir chimed, turning to stare at the bay. "You are gonna
have the GREATEST time! We're gonna do a Venus fly-by," he told them. "And Tien
Lung can go into atmospheres so we can go for a spin near the surface too. You
fancy?"

"Oh yeah!" John Alen cheered.

Gracie tried really hard to keep her voice from squeaking. "That sounds lovely,
Lieutenant."

Melanie eyed her daughter, the young man, and then turned to look at her wife.
Someone has a crush.

Most women do, Vevay smirked. He has quite a following, he's totally oblivious.
"Keep them safe, please."

"As if I'd put my Commander's kids in danger," Nasir said brightly. "Okay,
peeps. Let's get you in flight suits."

"What does the name of your fight mean?" Grace asked as she followed him away
from her mothers, her voice soft as she tried to sound as grown up as she
could.

"Tien Lung?" Nasir smiled softly, his eyes warming as he took them into the
locker room. "Chinese Guardian of the Heavens. It's the name of my mother's
first fighter." He led them over to a rack of suits and began rifling through
them. "Okay, here," he handed one to Grace and then a smaller one to John Alen.
"These should fit. They go over your clothes."

Gracie sat on a bench to pull on the suit. It wasn't as heavy as it looked but
it was hard to put on. When she had hers on half way she stopped to help her
brother. "Your mom was a pilot too?"

"Yup. Drove my Dad mad until she resigned her commission." Then Nasir laughed
loudly. "Still drives him mad, but she changed her career, did a law degree and
now works for the JAG office."

"That's cool." Grace replied as she zipped her brother up. "There you go Champ.
She really gave it all up for him?"

John Alen smiled brightly.

"For my Dad and me, yeah. She said she couldn't go flitting off when she knew
her baby was with a nanny, so she quit." Nasir led them back out onto the
hanger deck. "She's one hell of a strong woman, though. Her Mom, my
Grandmother, was once the Fleet Captain for Fleet Admiral Ross. She captained
the Cairngorm. Ever heard of it?"

"In a round about way." Grace answered as she finished putting on her own suit.
"Some friends of mine had a cousin or something on the Cairngorm."

John Alen wasn't quiet sure why they were talking about this and not the cool
fighters but he added in, "Our Ms didn't want us to have a nanny, though we
have an Auntie Maggie, two of 'em, so Mummy stays home with us."

"Which is silly. We could be on this ship if Mum would agree to come up here."
Gracie sighed.

"Not really," Nasir shrugged. "It's not a family ship, they don't like even the
CO having her children on board. I think she's very wise to keep you safe. If
you were my family, I wouldn't want you seeing the kinds of things we see, or
put in danger for anything."

"Earth's not all that safe." Grace argued softly. "It's been attacked a number
of times."

"Has your Mom told you how often we get attacked?" Nasir asked.

Grace shook her head. "She doesn't like to talk a lot about work when she's
home. She says it takes away from her time with us."

"Maybe I shouldn't then," he said as they approached his fighter. "This is Tien
Lung," he chimed, running his hand over the image of a dragon painted along the
side. "She's a Viper Class, designed for two crew but with enough room for half
a dozen people. Wanna see inside?"

She wasn't dumb, she knew her mom's job was dangerous, but just how many close
calls had there been? "That would be cool. Don't touch anything mole rat."

John Alen stuck his hands in the pockets of his jumpsuit and grinned.

"He can touch all he wants, it won't do anything," the pilot chuckled. "The
LCARS only respond to me and my Nav." Opening the door, he let the kids in
first. "Anything you wanna know, just ask."

Eyes wide, John Alen rushed into the fighter like it were a candy shop.

Grace looked around and mentally went over what she knew. "Have you ever been
hurt?"

He smiled at her, thinking she was pretty for someone so young. "Once really
badly but I've had several minor injuries because of malfunctions and stuff."
He shrugged lightly. "I test fly new designs. They don't always work how
they're meant to."

She ran her hand over the smooth LCARS touch keys and nodded. "Mum got a bad
burn once from a new piece of equipment in her lab." She watched as her brother
climbed into the pilot's seat and started making warp core whooshing noises and
making reports to 'captain mommy'. "Has my Mom ever been hurt?"

"I can't tell you that," Nasir said softly.

When adults, even ones who couldn't be more then five years older then her, say
stuff like that it normally means yes. "Badly?"

"Can we go now? Mum said she and I only had an hour." John Alen interrupted.

"Sure thing, little pilot. Gotta yield me the main seat, though." Dark eyes
held Grace's for a moment before Nasir gave the boy a bright, cheerful smile.

Grace tried to push aside her emotions about her mother and what Nasir had said
and more so what he didn't say, so she could enjoy the ride.

John Alen bounced out of the pilot's seat and into Nav's. "Who sits here and
what does he do?"

"My Navigator, Ellen McGregor," Nasir winked at Grace as he strapped himself
in. "And she works the nav system, the weapons and is a mechanic in case
something goes wrong. I'm just a glorified taxi driver, really."

"Na," John Alen shook his head. "flying it has to be more fun."

Grace blushed and smiled a little at the wink. She took one of the seats behind
them and buckled in. "Buckle up, Johnny."

"Oh yeah." John Alen said as he quickly did what he was told.

"Of course flying's more fun, but she's an incredibly talented navigator. She's
gonna be peeved that she's missed meeting the Captain's kids." Once everyone
was ready, he sent the request to Fighter Control for take off. It came through
quickly, and he smiled, knowing it was probably the Captain that rushed it
through. She really did love her kids, he mused. As he glanced behind him, he
grinned. But then, who wouldn't? "We ready?"

"Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah." John Alen bounced.

Grace laughed sweetly at her baby brother. "We'd better be or he's gonna bust a
seam." Such a lovely smile.

"Hold tight then, you're gonna be the nav for us," Nasir told the boy. He eased
his little vessel up as the hanger bay doors opened and the forcefield went
down. Once out, he swooped them round to slide easily over the huge length of
the Fenchurch. "That's your Mom's ship."

It was stunning. Grace craned her neck to look at it all, her eyes as wide as
her brothers. "It's beautiful."

John Alen looked at the massive ship and puffed out his little chest. It was a
grand ship and his mother was her captain.

"How about we buzz the Bridge?" Nasir suggested with a grin and a chuckle.

"Cool!" John Alen cheered.

Laughing just as brightly as the boy, Nasir leaned on the accelerator and sped
them down over the glass dome of the Bridge, causing Commander Fincher to jump
then wave at the two kids.

"Ok I was wrong." John Alen said evenly before adding. 'THAT WAS THE COOLEST
THING EVER!"

Grace laughed again, the rush of it making her kinda giddy. "That was fun."

"Wanna see Venus?" he called behind him, turning his ship into a deep arc, down
under the Fenchurch.

"We learned about Venus in school." John Alen informed them as he bounced in
his seat.

Grace smiled at the young man. "That would be lovely, Lieutenant.

Nasir's cheeks darkened a little at Grace's smile and he beamed. Pushing the
Tien Lung into top impulse, he sped them past the Earth, taking a quick turn
over Africa. Young, he told himself. She's incredibly young and the Captain's
daughter, which is just a really, really bad thing. Easing down the speed, they
approached a swirling yellow planet that hung in the viewport tantalizingly.

Grace undid her buckles so she could stand and get closer to the viewport. "I
can see why Mom never gets tired of the way things look up here. It' so...

"Yellow." John Alen piped it.

"I was going to go with magnificent, but it's really yellow too." She ruffled
her brother's hair and laughed.

"Come sit here," Nasir said, wrapping his arm around Grace's waist and drawing
her to sit between his legs as he skimmed the upper atmosphere of Earth's
sister planet. Slowly, he took them down, riding the currents above a massive
volcano.

Two sets of sparkling eyes danced around to take it all in, though one set of
blue ones couldn't help but take in where she was sitting. He was warm and
smelled really good. She could feel how firm his was, how surrounded she felt.
Wow.

Nasir sat back a bit and placed Grace's hands on the controls. "All yours, Ms
Davis."

Grace blinked away sappy girlish daydreams and stared down at the controls.
"What do I do?" She asked as her hands hovered there.

"Well, this is forward," Nasir said as he took her left hand and placed it over
one area on the panel. "And this controls altitude," he placed her right over
another area. Once he did that, he absently set his hands on her waist.

It took a little getting use too. The ship jerked a little, bounced a little,
but soon she was keeping it steady and stable. It was thrilling. Between flying
the fighter, sitting so closely to Nasir, and the feel of his hands on her
skin, it was all so dizzying, her heart pounding.

John Alen was enjoying himself and only barely noticed that his sister had that
same dopey smile his mothers' got when they slept in on Sunday mornings.

"Okay, now, Master Davis, how do we get home? You're the nav, after all," Nasir
grinned. By Allah, she smelled wonderful, all soft and floral. He closed his
eyes for a moment but it made it worse so he started concentrating on what she
was doing. "Keep an eye on the wind speed," he whispered in her ear. "You're a
natural."

Ok so maybe she'd have to rethink her major when she applied to the academy.
How good a partner could that McGregor woman be anyway?

"Um." John Alen said as he looked over the screen. "That's Mommy's ship I
think." He pointed to a dot on the screen that was to small to be a planet or
anything. "So we have to go up and then that way." He pointed to his left.

Smirking, Nasir leaned back and over so he could see John Alen's screen.
"You're right, that's the Fenchurch. Or, you know, it might be Mars." He winked
at the boy, showing he was teasing. "Now you have to send Ms Davis' console the
directional information. In general, we don't point. See that rectangular
button? First you press the dot that's the Fenchurch, then the button. It sends
navigational data to the pilot so she can get us home."

John Alen did as he was instructed and beamed when his sister's controls
beeped. "And you have to go to school for four years to do this?"

"Don't sound so cocky, Johnny." Grace said softly. "There's more to it then
just what we're doing."

"She's right, but then maybe the two of you are naturally talented. Personally,
I started early and finished a year early," he told them as he guided Grace's
hands over the controls to fly them out of the atmosphere. "When the Cap lets
you come back, Master Davis, I'll get Ellen to show you how to keep this bird
tuned and everything. Assuming you ever want to come back." Curling his arms
around Grace's waist, he set his head on her shoulder to see what was happening.

She was going to die. Right there in that seat with him holding her, she was
simply going to die and do it with such a radiant smile.

"I want to! I wanted to stay, but I can't come, and stay like Gracie is until
I'm her age." John Alen pouted.

"I'm sure Mom will let us come up for a day or something." Grace told him
hopefully.

"I hope so, this was fun." The Fenchurch was approaching fast so Nasir called
Fighter Control and asked for permission to land. A cheerful Petty Officer
chimed that he could, as long as the Captain's children were in one piece.
"They're fine, Jules."

"Do you think we can do this again before I leave?" Grace asked quickly,
suddenly not wanting to go back into the ship.

"If your Mom says it's okay, then sure." He leaned back in to whisper in her
ear. "I'd really like that."

Graces whole face lit up. "Me too." She replied in a whisper.

John Alen wrinkled his nose. She was being a dopey girl and he found that just
plain silly.

"Okay," he breathed, placing his hands over hers, "take us in like this." They
swerved a little but then straightened to slip into the bay doors and settled
down gently on the deck. "Home again, home again, jiggady-jig," he chuckled,
opening the fighter door.

John Alen undid his buckles and jumped up out of the seat. "Thanks for the
ride, Lieutenant, that was a blast!" Before the young man could answer John
Alen ran to greet his mothers and tell them everything.

"I think you've just earned a place on his cool list right under the striker
for Chelsea." Grace laughed as she regretfully got up from his chair.

Taking her hand very briefly, Nasir smiled at the very pretty young lady. "And
you? Did you enjoy yourself?"

Grace smiled, her cheeks warming to a lovely soft pink. "I did, it was
brilliant. Thank you Lieutenant."

"Call me Nasir or Naz, I hate the title, makes me feel old. I'm only 21," he
told her, slipping out of his seat and helping her out of the fighter, stilling
holding her hand.

Only 21? He was younger then she'd thought. "I kinda like Naz. And you can call
me Grace if you'd like, the only person who calls me Ms. Davis is my
headmistress."

"Wouldn't want that association, I think that might be a bit too detrimental."
As they strode over, he smiled brightly at the Captain and her wife. "You have
a very talented daughter, ma'am. She flew us home."

Noting the way the Lieutenant was holding Grace's hand, Vevay felt an inward
smirk but she smiled instead. "She's the brightest in her year. She's going to
go far."

"I quite believe that." Reluctantly, he lifted Grace's hand to his lips and
kissed it before letting it go. "Have a good visit, Mrs. Davis," he said to
Melanie before saluting again and striding off.

Grace felt her knees go weak as she watched Naz go.

Melanie looked between the young officer and her daughter, a brow raised at the
look on her daughter's face. "Did you enjoy the sights, Poppet?"

"Uhuh." Grace replied still looking in the direction Naz had went.

Melanie shook her head as she looked at her daughter and then over to her wife.

Vevay just shrugged. "I did warn you.

He's a grown man, Imzadi. She's only a child. Melanie argued.

Have you seen our daughter lately? I went away from a child and came back to a
young woman. Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on them. "Have fun, Gracie?" Vevay
asked, her smirk growing.

"Mmmhmm." Grace replied before finally snapping out of it. Turning to look at
her mothers, her face flushed a little more, she tried not to giggle. "I'm
sorry, that was rude. Yes, I had a great time. It's really amazing out there,
Mom!"

She wasn't ready to see Grace that way yet. She's our little girl, Vevay. She's
to young.

She's really not. Vevay held back a sigh, not willing to have an argument right
then. "I know. The Lieutenant took me out once. He's a talented pilot. Now, the
Bridge? Maybe Jeremy has tea ready in my office."

"We buzzed the bridge!" John Alen told them as they headed for the turbo lift
and then snickered. "He made the Commander jump."

Melanie didn't say another word, she simply smiled and went along. "Going to
add that to your list of maybes, Johnny?"

"Only if I can do it during the off season." He replied.

Grace rolled her eyes. "You can't be in Star Fleet and be a professional
footballer at the same time, mole rat."

"Could always play footie for the 'Fleet," Vevay offered, glancing at her wife
with concern.

John Alen's eyes widened and his mouth dropped. "Only if I wanna lose every
other week."

For the briefest of moments Melanie actually thought about taking Grace home,
but that would crush her and Vevay.

As they reached the turbolift, Vevay leaned against the wall and asked for the
Bridge. The ride took hours, or it felt like it did, but once the doors opened
she smiled at her XO. "Mr. Fincher, could you show my children around, let them
press buttons and sit in my chair. I need a quick word with my wife."

"Of course, ma'am." Jeremy gave the two littlest Davis' a brilliant smile and
ushered them over. "What shall we look at?"

"Can I sit in the chair?" John Alen asked as he eyed the center seat like it
were a new football.

Grace laughed as she shook her head. "Your awfully determined to sit in that
chair for a fella who doesn't want to be in Star Fleet."

"So?" John Alen asked. "It's were Mom sits and it's a really cool chair."

"Your weird." Grace said teasingly.

John Alen beamed. "Well duh I'm a boy. We're all weird, but not nearly as weird
as girls."

"Ain't that the truth," Jeremy laughed. "You know what? Girls just get weirder
when they get older. My wife's as weird as they come. She married me for a
start." Wandering over to the Big Chair, he tapped the seat. "Go on then, give
it a whirl."

Vevay stepped into her office and waited for Mel to join her before closing the
door. "Take her home. If it worries you so much, take her home."

"It doesn't worry you?" Melanie asked. At this point in their lives she was use
to Vevay knowing her so well and wasn't surprised her wife had picked up on how
she felt. "A grown man, old enough, experienced enough to be a lieutenant
flirts with a fifteen year old girl, our baby, and it doesn't bother you?"

"Any other man, yes, it would bother me and I'd have his balls for breakfast,
but not this one." Rubbing her forehead lightly, Vevay let out a slow sigh. "He
would never put her in a position she felt uncomfortable with. He would never
cross that line with her. And he's not going to sleep with her." She shrugged,
finally looking up at her wife. "Of all the people I can think of, Grace is
most safe with Nasir Singh. He is a safe man to date."

Melanie sighed and slumped back against the wall. "I trust your judgment of the
man, love, but I'm not ready for her to date anyone. She's just a little girl,
our little girl, V."

"She's fifteen," Vevay reminded her as she slipped up beside Mel. "She's
growing up fast. She's more mature than most girls her age. Just be glad she's
had a wonderful childhood and hasn't grown up as quickly as others had to. We
did good, lover," she beamed, leaning in to kiss her wife's cheek.

"She's a good girl." Melanie admitted. She was so very proud of both of her
children, but they were her babies. "Couldn't we hold out a little longer?
Until she's like thirty."

Laughing brightly, Vevay nodded. "I'll just have a chastity belt installed and
warn Naz about having his gentiles fed to a hungry Tellerite."

Melanie moved off the wall so she could placed herself in the warmest, safest
place she knew; her Imzadi's arms.

"Oh baby, what's wrong?" Vevay asked softly as she rubbed circles around
Melanie's lower back.

Melanie sighed and buried her face in Vevay's chest. "I don't want to let them
grown up, but she looked so lovely and happy when she came back."

"If she was happy, what's the problem?" Cuddling Mel closer, Vevay held her
tight.

She felt horridly foolish. "She's not our baby anymore."

"I know, my love, but she's an incredible young woman." Kissing Mel's head,
Vevay pulled back to look into her eyes and smile.

"Just like her mother." Melanie replied before sighing. "I'm such a daft old
woman."

"Daft possibly, but not old, love." Vevay grinned, kissing Mel's nose. "Still
beautiful to me."

Melanie sighed as she held tighter. "That's not fair Vevay Davis, your making
it hard for me to leave, and John Alen and I have to go soon."

"I don't want you to leave, you know that." Her wife still fit to perfectly in
her arms, Vevay let her eyes close.

"Maybe next year we'll come with you." Melanie offered. "I think Johnny would
like that. But we can't now, spending the week alone with you means to much to
Gracie."

"It's going to be wonderful," Vevay said softly. "But I'm going to miss you so
very much."

Melanie nodded, then pulled away enough so she could look up into Vevay's eyes.
"It's only a week, Imzadi. Then I have you for a few days. We'll send the
babies to Maggie Saturday night and we'll make love until they come home Sunday
evening."

"Mmm," Vevay chuckled, "sounds like a damn fine plan to me." She kissed her
softly, lingering over her glorious taste, her hands gently stroking her back.

It would have been so easy to give into the sensation that was building in her
stomach, but she couldn't, not now, now here. Pulling away reluctantly she took
a deep breath to steady her breathing and rubbed smeared lip gloss from her
wife's lips. "We should go back out there before our children over throw your
command."

"Let them have it, then I can stay home with you." The light of mischief in her
eyes, Vevay gave Mel one last kiss before letting her go. "Let's see if they've
duct taped Jeremy to my chair."

Melanie laughed at the image that invoked. "Don't give them idea, Vevay." Her
soft laugh turned into a bright smile as they entered the bridge to see Grace
sitting in the command chair, one hand draped over one of the rests, the other
tapping at something, her legs crossed as she leaned close to listen to what
Jeremy was saying. Melanie managed to keep her gasp internal. Look at her. She
looks as if she belongs there.

She'll be a captain one day, mark me on this. "Hey there, Gracie, the chair
comfy?"

Gracie looked up and nodded. "The Commander was showing me some of it's
features." She didn't have to be a cadet yet to know you got out of the
captain's chair when the captain entered the bridge, so she quickly got up.

"How do you like my Bridge so far, sweetie?" Vevay asked softly as she wandered
over and put an arm around her little girl.

"It's amazing, Mom! It's so busy and alive, it's as big a rush as the fighter
was."

Melanie watched the look in her daughter's eye carefully. Oh yes without a
doubt. She'll have her own some day.