[ussbansheec] "Bunk-Mates"

  • From: Elizabeth Bethell <ejbethell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussbansheec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 18:25:07 +0100

Title: Bunk-Mates

Bunk-Mates

Steven Hale, Sinon S'Faest'Saeihr, Tennyson Matthews and T'Liante

"See, now we've all gotta work out where our fair companion's gonna sleep," Steven said smoothly.

The three men were sat around sharing some snacks and beer. Sinon was stretched out across the sofa, Tennyson on his front on the floor while Steven perched on the dining table. He smiled at his new friends in memory of their lady. "Which of us y'all think she'll be happier with?"

"Not me," Sinon said quickly. At the puzzled expressions from his companions, he shrugged. "It isn't xenophobia, it's more like I believe she's beautiful."

"Hell, we all know that," Steven snorted. "What you mean is you can't keep your dick in your pants."

Sinon's face flushed bright emerald, his eyes bulging. "W-what? H-how dare you..." he spluttered. "How rude..."

Shrugging one shoulder, Steven grinned at him. "Don't get your panties in a twist, I know what you're gettin' at. Your thoughts aren't just appreciation, they're more about lust, right?"

Still ruffling his feathers, Sinon just grunted and glared at Steven.

"So not Diplomat and not me," Steven said evenly.

"Why not you?" Tennyson mused, kicking his feet back and forth. "You've already said you've no interest in her. What's wrong with you bunking with her?"

Again one shoulder shrugged and Steven just smirked. "Just coz I know I won't don't mean her Daddy won't assume. I'd flirt and old stiff-neck'd just get all huffy and we'd all be losin' a good roommate before we really got to know her."

"Well that's a fair assessment," Tennyson nodded, humming a strange ditty under his breath. "I would propose that that leaves me. I can, of course, vouch for my eunuch status," he chuckled. "Or so my cousin believes."

"Your..." Steven gaped, his cheeks starting to darken. "You mean you ain't got..."

Letting out a deep, bright laugh, Tennyson shook his head. "Figuratively, my friend, of course. I'm just not interested in women."

"Oooh!" Steven nodded in understanding. "You mean y'all like more of the masculine than the femanine. Well now that explains the clothes."

Tennyson peered down at his bright pink, very tight t-shirt and his ripped jeans. "What's wrong with the way I dress?"

"Um..." Steven ran a hand through his short hair and shrugged again. "Nothin' so long as you're into the rainbow brigade."

"Well," Tennyson mused, his eyes dancing as he steepled his fingers. "This is an interesting insight into your psyche, Master Hale. Would you mind telling me how you came to the conclusion that simply because I prefer more cheerful colours in my clothing I am therefore homosexual?"

"Um..." Steven fidgeted with his hair again, shrugging and stammering. "N-no reason..."

"Hmmm, the subject seems to be unwilling to commit to an answer, very interesting," Tennyson grinned, winking at Sinon who had sat up and started smirking. "Next question, what drives you to flirt with every woman you meet, do you think, Master Hale?"

"Um..." Steven squirmed then grabbed one of the pillows Sinon had thrown on the floor and tossed it at Tennyson. "Cut it out! I ain't interested in bein' psycho-analysed."

Tennyson caught the pillow deftly and lobbed it back. "You're the one bunking with a counsellor, I've gotta practice on someone."

"Then practice on the Diplomat, okay?" Steven huffed, tossing the pilled again.

"Gee and I was so looking forward to getting inside the mind of a sex-obsessed Admiral's son's head." Tennyson stuffed the pillow under his chin and cuddled it. "Besides, you're getting off the point. I am not nor do I intend to ever be a homosexual. I simply have no interest in women."

"And you think I'm the one with the problem?" Steven laughed, shaking his head in disbelief. "My friend, you gotta open your eyes. The ladies are just so very gorgeous. Goin' through life blind like that, I'd go mad."

"Perhaps I am already," Tennyson mused. "I own a pair of ruby red hotpants, y'know."

"Definitely mad," Steven laughed.

"So it's settled then," Sinon said from the sofa. "T'Liante bunks with Tennyson and I'm stuck with the playboy."

"Watch it, Diplomat, I ain't a playboy, I just appreciate the ladies." Steven raised his eyebrows at his now roommate and almost groaned. This was going to be a long, long year. Maybe he'd talk to Mirrie about staying in her flat next year. No way would he go back to living at home and commuting.

"Perhaps you should learn to be more respectful," Sinon sniped back.

"Perhaps," a soft, female voice from the doorway said, "we should all get better acquainted before allowing minor disagreements to escalate?" T'Liante nodded to each of her new roommates in turn. "What is your decision as to my bunk-mate?"

"That would be me," Tennyson chimed from the floor. "Though I draw the line at actually sharing your bunk."

"Indeed, I am sure my father would be most dissatisfied with such an arrangement," she nodded, her eyes dancing but her face emotionless.

"Trust me, I understand," Tennyson said with a smile. "My cousin is a quarter Vulcan and I know her Vulcan family very well."

"Then my father will find you quite an acceptable bunk-mate," she said simply.