[USS Athena] "Let the Mission Begin"

  • From: Svonn <svonn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 23:42:28 -0400

on

    Svonn stepped alongside of Sparta, the runabout that would be used for the mission.  He saw that all the officers requested had gathered.  His eyes, caught those of Jhu'Rhiana, in which he could see the emotion, and then to T'Shana, where he saw uncertainty.  He was also acutely aware that Jhu'Rhiana had looked in T'Shana's direction as well.
    "Thank you all for gathering so quickly," Svonn stated to the officers.  "We had little to no time to get this together, as the Athena will be answering a Starzen distress call.  Something which will undoubtedly put us in the good graces of the Conglomerate.
    "Our mission will be to start exploration and analysis of the Elder Base.  I have chose each of you because you are top of your respective fields.
    "Without further delay, let's get aboard the shuttles and get this mission started."
    Svonn boarded the Sparta.  He watched the officers split up and go between the Federation runabout and the Romulan attack-shuttle.  As soon as everyone was aboard, and settled in, the two ships slipped out into the dark of space.

Off