[USS Athena] "An Amazing View"

  • From: Ronov tr'Daelk <ronov.trdaelk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 23:47:56 -0400

Off
A joint log with Captain Mergahn, Erei-Riov ROnov, Admiral Detalya and Dr. Fyrstk

ON

"The away team is away, and clear, Captain," Arrain Zerliak called from the tactical console.  He had been watching them on his sensors.

"Very good, Mr. Zerliak," Jazmine acknowledged.  "Helm.  You have the coordinates.  Get us under way, maximum warp."

"Maximum warp, aye," the helm officer answered.  She touched the control and the stars on the viewscreen started flying past.

"That is incredible," Admiral Detalya remarked, looking at the viewscreen.  "That is what the stars actually look like when at this.... warp speed?"

"Not really, Admiral," Jazmine answered.  "What you would actually see, when in sub-space would drive a being crazy.  This is a computer generated image."

"Fascinating," Detalya repeated.  "On our ships, we must go to positive shielding, in other words close all view ports when we go to hyper-light."

"Captain," called out Lt. Lee, sitting at the science console.  When he saw he had the commander's attention, he continued. "I have an image of what is going on with the Borzine."

Lee definitely had the attention of all the senior officers on the bridge.

"Are you able to get long-range sensor images already," Ronov inquired.

"No, sir," Lee answered.  "The starzen utilize a network of remote stations to get communications from one end of their territory to another.  Using this same network, I was able to piggy-back a sensor beam."

"Well put it on` screen already," Jazmine insisted.  Detalya definitely looked puzzled.

The forward viewscreen came alive with the battle going on.  One of the Starzen cruisers, looked dead in space.  Two more had come to its aid, but the Borzine had them easily outnumbered.

"Is that image for real," Detalya asked, half amazed at the technology, half horrified for his cruisers.

"I'm afraid it is, Admiral," Jazmine said quietly.  "Nice work, Lieutenant."  She directed her voice towards the ceiling.  "Bridge to Dr. Fyrstk."

"Fyrstk here," came the instant reply.  Detalya looked towards the ceiling, again baffled.

"Doctor, it looks as if we will be receiving wounded Starzen officers.  Can you prepare sick bay."

"Ah could prepare a lot more efficiently if Ah knew Starzen Physilolgy, Captain," came the doctor's reply.  "Perhaps one of our guests would submit to a quick examination, so we have a base to start with?"

Jazmine looked questioningly to Detalya.  He looked again at the viewscreen, then gave a curt nod.  "I shall be right down with Admiral Detalya," Jazmine reported.
    "Thank you, Captain. Ah'll be ready.  Sick bay out."

"Erei'Riov, you have the bridge," Jazmine informed her XO.  Ronov nodded, taking the center seat.  Jazmine escorted Detalya to the turbo-lift.