[urisa] Re: GIS Analyst Interview Questions

  • From: Holly Glaser <h.glaser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sloopjb@xxxxxxxxxx" <sloopjb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 11:50:29 -0700

Hello,
The person being interviewed already knows basic GIS.
Below are some Q to see if they are ready to deal with real world GIS projects.

Can you describe the differences between topology and topography?

If you are working on a project to find X, where location must be within N
units, and you had data from Z,Q and K, would you need to find more data for
the project? Or would you have all the data that is needed?

A. Maybe. Don't know until review the metadata and compare to project
requirements.

What are some ways that GIS projects fail?

Sent from my iPhone
Holly Glaser