[UHNA] January CUF Meeting

  • From: "DF Lewis" <DFLewis@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:11:39 -0500

Here is a cursory look at tonight's CUF meeting.  When the new letter comes
out with the official minutes, I will distribute it.
Police Reports (District 5)

*       There has been a considerable rise in breaking & entries

*       metal theft
*       theft from auto's  (A lot of IPods left on car seats)

*       The officers discussed their involvement in the NEP (Neighborhood
Enhancement Program) that kicks off this Feb.

UC Police

*       A lot of theft over the break

*       theft of vehicles
*       theft from vehicles
*       from buildings (often due to security carelessness or residents
deliberately disabling security measures)

Park Board Events

*       Nature walk in Burtette Woods this coming Saturday 10:00 to 11:30.
Meet at the Trailside Nature Center
*       Nature walk in Mt. Storm Park a week from this Saturday 10:00 to

Keep Cincinnati Beautiful

*       Great American Cleanup April 26
*       Keep Cincinnati Beautiful wants to team up with Give Back (the
people who worked on the business district). They want us to think of a

Neighborhood Enhancement Program

*       Kickoff ceremonies Feb. 1
*       Informational meeting Jan. 28 Deaconess Hospital cafeteria 6:30 -
*       The CHIA people are conducting a survey.  They are meeting this
Saturday 10:00 a Baba Budans on McMillan
*       Though we are not one of the NEP focus neighborhoods, filling out a
survey may get us some help.  Access the survey on line via

Funding has been received for repairing Clifton Ave. form Vine Street to
McMillan Street.

If you do not have cable and you a special deal on the box for the upcoming
new TV call 1-888-DTV-2009.

Daniel F. Lewis