[UHNA] Re: Graffitti in University Heights & RE: University Heights group

  • From: "Aileen2" <aileen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 20:27:34 -0400

--- University Hights Neighborhood Association - NET Message ---------------

Buddy,
I have to disagree, there are signs that there are drug dealers in the
neighborhood but doubt that it is gang related.    I have had an undercover
Officer in the area when I was concerned about the behavior of people
renting property on my street and the owners didn't care because they live
in KY.  The undecover cop was very concerned and good.  I would suggest that
if anyone has concerns, they look to 765-1212
That 's great that you have met with David Pepper and hope that you didn't
suggest there was a fear of gang activity in this area.  I'm sure you and he
are both very aware of the signs of danger in a neighborhood.   David was
raised in Wyoming, so doubt he has any idea of how to deal with an urban
neighborhood.
Gang members aren't going to be the downfall of this neighborhood,
misreporting probably will be.
To all,
Try the avenues available to all of us before you turn to city leaders