[UHNA] CUf Notes

  • From: "Cindy Summers" <csummers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:01:05 -0400

A few highlights of the CUF meeting last night:

1.      Officer Lisa Johnson reported that a person who burglarized an
apartment on Riddle was arrested. She is working constantly on the
prostitution problem on McMicken.
2.      The CUF trustees did not oppose a Music Festival in October in
Clifton Heights as long as certain conditions were met.
3.      The East McMicken residents reported a little progress on their
efforts to provide an alternative to the I-75 plans for their area.
4.      Part of the I-75 plans include changing Riddle Road at Clifton at
MLK so no left turns. It is my understanding that the current plans will
block most northern access. Rolf is going to provide us exact information so
we can decide whether to petition the state for a change.

5.      Fairview pool is open and people are encouraged to use it or it will
close next year. It is very inexpensive. I have some info if anyone wants
it.

6.      The steeples have been capped on St. George. The church needs
extensive work done on the roof and structure. Possible buyer still in
progress

7.      CUF, Corryville and other neighborhoods are going to participate in
a Paint Cincinnati program next year.  A group will paint houses of elderly
and disabled residents. More details and applications will be sent out.

8.      Dan got re-elected as trustee. I don't know if that is good or bad
but he has found it interesting. The group congratulated long term trustees
Paul Gallagher, Linda Ziegler and Maureen France who had reached their term
limits. All have made major contributions to the community.

9.      Rob again congratulated the UHNA for  the Wednesdays on the Porch.
See you tonight and pray it doesn't' rain.

Cindy Summers  Lewis