[uae] Re: euae-qt

  • From: Ivo Couckuyt <iv0co@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:52:02 +0200

Hey,

Excellent, i started the Qt frontend for learning qt. So my plan initially was just to copy winuae.

But i'm not sure if it is the best way to go, as there are some differences in configuration options. Also winuae/uae provides separate Hardware and host configs. For instance you can use an a500 config with different host configs (for fullscreen, windowed, depth etc). I think this is nice for e-uae too, though when i asked about this feature to some winuae users, they never used it :)

In this regard it may be best to decide on some course of action. which features to implement, gui layout and so on. As for programming, i have somewhat figured out uae and it is not that hard to change the options on the fly etc.. i have tested this with cpu. It is only a lot of work to bind the gui options to uae (and i don't know what the exact differences are between e-uae and winuae)

In short: some feedback about the layout/features is certainly welcome

kind regards,
Ivo Couckuyt

Martin Steigerwald wrote:
Am Samstag 02 Juni 2007 schrieb Ivo Couckuyt:
Not so much interest it seems, a pity :-)

anyway, integrated the frontend into e-uae. modified the
autoconfig/automake files and created a new dir gui-qt,
works remarkably well ;-)

Hello Ivo!

Well, I am interested in a Qt GUI maybe with switchable additional KDE integration. Did not manage to reply until now - limited time and dancing on too many parties at once.

I am willing to test your Qt GUI and help with feedback, maybe even code where I can.

Regards,