[uae] YAM works nice with a faked SFS fake RDB hardfile ;-))))

  • From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:15:58 +0200

Hello,

now this made my day: YAM runs nice on a faked SFS RDB hardfile (now a real
file, not a partition-file;-). And it still seems about easily 5-10x faster
than on my real Amiga.

Now I just need also copy the messagebase files from this e-mail account and
you will probably see a "YAM" identifiert in the X-Mailer: field of the
e-mails I post to this list. At least for a while. Sooner or later I guess I
will migrate to a e-mail client under Linux.

And when I think how easy it will be to backup the messagebase...

bzip2 -d Messages.hardfile

and then burn the thing on a CD. Or burn it unpacked on a DVD once the DVD
burner for my laptop is there.

Rich, many thanks for fixing faked RDB hardfiles.

Regards,