[uae] Re: Will there be a upcoming E-UAE release?

Verily I say unto thee, that Bernd Schmidt spake thusly:
> Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:

>> I've now downloaded:
>>
>> ftp://ftp.amigaemulator.org/pub/uae/sources/develop/uae-0.8.27.tar.bz2
>>

>> Although I notice there's also a 0.8.28 dated Nov 28  2007, but
>> I'll leave that for now.
>
> Hmm.  The latest build on my hard disk identifies itself as 0.8.27,
> which is why I quoted that, but you're right.  Please do use the
> latest version.

I'll give it a spin.

>> This version builds OK, but completely fails to recognise my
>> existing (working) hardfile ("Bad hardfile geometry").
>
> What's the line in your config file, and what's the geometry of your
> hardfile?

hardfile2=rw,HD0:$(FILE_PATH)/Amiga/Workbench.hdf,0,0,0,0,0,
hardfile=rw,0,0,0,0,$(FILE_PATH)/Amiga/Workbench.hdf

It's set to all zeros as instructed here:

[quote]
If the specified hard file is an RDB hard file, that is, it's the image
of a partitionable hard drive, you do not need to specify the geometry
(the RDB - the Rigid Disk Block - in the hard file itself specifies the
geometry). If <blocksize> is 0, then the hard file is assumed to be an
RDB hard file. All other components of the hardfile2= option will be
ignored apart from <path> and <access>.

  Examples:

  hardfile2=rw,DH1:/home/evilrich/myhardfile,32,1,2,512,1,

  hardfile2=rw,:/home/evilrich/rdbimage,0,0,0,0,0,
[/quote]

/usr/share/doc/e-uae-0.8.29/configuration.txt

Mine is indeed an RDB hardfile (I have several), and this worked fine
with WInUAE, and still does with E-UAE.

> Any other messages that might give a clue what's wrong?  Did you
> configure it with a Kickstart ROM etc.?

Sorry, no. The kickstart is one of four I've ripped from my real Amigas
(3.1 4000T, 3.1 A500+, 2.04 A500+, 1.3 A500). They all worked fine in
various versions of Win/E/UAE over the years. The only other thing I
could do is step through the debugger, if you think it might reveal
anything useful.

--
Regards,
Keith G. Robertson-Turner