[uae] Re: Will there be a upcoming E-UAE release?

  • From: Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:26:27 +0200

On Mo, 24 Nov 2008, Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> Bernd Schmidt wrote:
> > Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:
> >
> >> Verily I say unto thee, that Andrew 'Truck' Holland spake thusly:

> >> Well I've never actually tried this with Amiga filesystems, but I'm
> >> guessing the following would be along the right lines:
> >>
> >> 1. modprobe affs
> >> 2. dd if=/dev/zero of=Workbench.hdf bs=1M count=1024
> >> 3. losetup /dev/loop0 Workbench.hdf
> >> 4. use fdisk to create an AFFS RDB ???
> >>

> > I doubt there's a Linux fdisk that understands Amiga partitions.
> >

> Oh, there is. I wrote it like a decade ago. It's still in debian. If you
> can't find it, drop me a note.

You know, this is PROBABLY where the gnu parted code came from.

Ok, I checked, rdb.c lists the contributor as
    Contributor:  Sven Luther <luther@xxxxxxxxxx>

(That's in the libparted source, btw.)
> There never was an mkfs.affs though.

Actually there is, and it's in the debian packages along with your bits - VERY
unmaintained (as far as I could tell from when I grabbed it and used it.)