[uae] Re: Will there be a upcoming E-UAE release?

  • From: Daniel Pimley <uae@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 17:08:41 +0000

On 24 Nov 2008, at 15:55, Toni Wilen wrote:

I "only" want to learn everything about Amiga hardware (especially undocumented stuff that is used only by one or two demos..) and OS and play/watch some retro games and demos. WinUAE is a side-effect.

Hi Toni,

Nothing wrong with that. The UAE, WinUAE and E-AUE projects are hobbies. No one pays you guys for your work, so you should do only what you are interested in and what you want to do.

As far as multi-platform UAE goes, I think E-UAE is actually very close to achieving this aim. What is required imho is not new features but a code clean-up and some driver rewrites (which Richard is doing now, albeit slowly), then we will have a good, functional and stable multi-platform UAE. It's up to other people to customise E-UAE for their favourite platforms, adding all the bells and whistles they desire - this too much scope for one team / one man.

I refuse to use SDL because it sucks on Win32

News flash: it sucks on every OS. ; )

Regards,
Daniel Pimley