[uae] Re: OffTopic: Interest in other Amiga Emulators?

Am Samstag, den 15.09.2007, 12:52 +0200 schrieb Anders Andersson:
> Hi Jochen! Having been completely ignorant about OS 4, and about
> 'modern' Amiga hardware in general (to me, it was just a macintosh
> without the OS, that had nothing in common with the Amiga I love
> except the company name), is there any hardware that's specific about
> the AmigaOne, or do you have any links to information about the
> hardware requirements? I thought it was just a generic PPC-based
> computer, and that you could probably use Qemu to run it in linux and
> windows, or is there anything else that made it special?
>
> If you can't use any existing PPC-based emulators, this is a great
> idea, and I think a lot of people would like it.

I did some tests using QEmu (and some other PPC emulators). I believe
QEmu would be the best choice but this should be evaluated more. I only
tried to run the boot manager of AmigaOS 4 but AmigaONE uses hardware
that is not supported by QEmu out-of-the-box. But the changes should be
not that large and difficult to implement. QEmue has a nice architecture
that allows to introduce new hardware emulation easily.

Kind regards,
Jochen