[uae] Re: New source snapshot and OS X/PPC build

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 15:38:45 -0500

Hi Jens

On Sunday 03 December 2006 14:15, Jens Weichert wrote:
> Has this feature any performance boost?

No. In fact, usually a slight performance loss.

> I wonder, that this feature work on PPC macs but not on Intel Macs

You got me. ;-)

It's not an architecture-specific thing. Giancarlo said that he got a similar
problem, I think, on his PowerBook:

>SDLGFX: vsynced output not supported.
>SDLGFX: Using double-buffered, unsynced output.
>SDLGFX: Failed to allocate texture.
>reset at 0
>PAL mode, 50Hz (h=227 v=312)
>chipmem cleared
>Bus error

Not sure why it should fail to allocate a texture in double-buffered mode
only. The crash following that was a bug in E-UAE which I've since fixed.

> PS: another "problem": Rich, can you send me the needed files for
> SCSI support on PPC Macs?

Okay. I have to go out in a minute, though. I try and remember to do it when I
get back...