[uae] Re: I wrote the horrible bsdsocket stuff

  • From: Jeff Shepherd <BeaveMan27@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 23:46:44 -0400

I have attached a bz2 archive with 3 files -- diffs to src/bsdsocket.c and src/include/bsdsocket.h . I also included a new bsdsocket-posix.c since the diffs would be bigger than the file itself. The code does lack in comments as well.

Most of the code straight forward but the basic premise is that for blocking routines, the calling thread waits until the socket thread is done. The calling thread can possibly cancel the block in the socket thread if it gets an interrupt signal. It does so by writing to a pipe which the socket thread selects on.

Richard Drummond wrote:

I would certainly be interested in taking a look. I'm sure others would too.

Jeff Shepherd
BeaveMan27@xxxxxxxx