[uae] Re: Bernd Meyer...

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 04:13:16 -0500

Hi Bill

On Thursday 26 May 2005 03:30 pm, Bill Hoggett wrote:
> his experiences with the Amiga scene seem to have left him
> somewhat embittered - which is not surprising - so he feels it isn't
> worth the effort and potential aftermath hassle.

It was an unfortuante situation that such a useful product as Amithlon was
mired in such political and legal problems, although I have no idea of what
the truth of the situation really was. I do know that I wanted to buy a copy,
but decided not to in the end. If what I have read about Bernie's side of the
story is true, then he has my sympathy and I quite understand why he's not
interested in Amiga development any more.

> I do not however
> believe that he would automatically distrust Richard on the basis that
> he contributed to OS4.

If you do think he'd be willing to share the code, then please can you send me
with email address off list? It seems silly for me to re-invent the wheel, if
Bernie has almost functional code.