[u3aavcuss] U3A Aylesbury Vale CUSS Group Meeting - Friday 6th March - CUSS Group Re-Launch

  • From: "Mike Bean" <Mike.Bean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 07:51:41 -0000

Place: Grange School
Date: Friday 6th March
Time: 15:30 (to 17:00)
Location: L106

CUSS Group Re-Launch

From February the CUSS group sessions will take on a quite different form
which we hope will be of interest and help to both novice and experienced PC
users.

Instead of presentation and discussion on a particular computer topic or the
use of a particular software product, each meeting will be dedicated to you
and what you want to be able to do with your PC.

To achieve this will require those who come either have a good idea of what
they want to achieve or a willingness to work one-to-one with them and for
both to be prepared to experiment - there's many ways to solve problems and
not much we can break, so take these opportunities to 'play'!

We will try to ensure that there are a number of people at each meeting who
know enough to help you but there will be occasions when cover may be a
little thin or your interests either lie outside our experience or the
capabilities of the Grange School PCs (for which we apologise in advance)
but trust that this is acceptable.

So, this will not be a 'class' and you are not committed to regular
attendance but it should be a good way to become familiar with the PC and
what it can do for you. We do ask, however, that you register as a member of
the group and advise us if you do not intend to attend on a particular week.
There will be a list available at monthly meetings for registration or this
may be done by e-mail at CUSS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (I will be inviting registration
at the next general meeting on the 11th March but do not worry about that
for the 6th and if you are interested please come then.)

As a member of this mailing list are already aware of the PC question and
Answer mailing list U3AAVCUSS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx This will continue to be
available for any AV U3A member to pose PC or Internet related questions. As
usual, no guarantee is made for a complete response but someone usually has
an answer or otherwise useful response so please continue to pose your
questions!

The Small Print:

- We meet on the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month at the Grange School (room
L106) from 15.30 - 17.00. Further details on request at CUSS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Please have some idea of what you want to be able to achieve - a process
or project - for example to be able to use e-mail or create material for the
Anniversary PowerPoint presentation.
- If you need to bring or create files for use on a PC at the Grange please
note that CDs are not usable but USB devices, like memory sticks, are.
- There is no Apple Mac experience in the CUSS group.
- Current U3A badges must be worn at the Grange School.
- Any Aylesbury Vale U3A members are welcome - but please try to have
registered as group member in advance and then let us know if you cannot
attend any particular future sessions.
- The U3AAVCUSS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx e-mail address may be used by any AV U3A
members who request to join its mailing list. Remember it is for PC and
Internet related questions and answers. All personal messages, even if
related to the questions must be sent direct to the intended recipient not
the group.
- Lost? Then call (612883) or e-mail me for directions to the venue.

MIKE BEAN | CUSS GROUP LEADER | 01296 612883