[tugs] discounted movie tickets

  • From: v.domitrovic@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tugsgeneral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:37:50 -0400

The Toronto Public Space Committee is a non-profit grassroots organization
run entirely by volunteers, working to celebrate our public spaces as places
of community building and democracy, and to protect them from deterioration
and privatization.

Next screening:

October 26 ,  Bloor Cinema (on Bloor at Bathurst) at 7pm.

Traffic Tales - two Canadian premieres:

"Contested Streets: Breaking New York City Gridlock", a feature documentary
about New York City's transportation problems and possible solutions from
London, Paris and Copenhagen.

"A Conversation With Enrique Peñalosa", a shortfilm of an interview with the mayor of Bogota, Colombia about his efforts tobring cycling culture to his city.

Following each film is a question and answer period with a panel made up of filmmakers,
activists and community members to allow the audience to engage further with the ideas in the film and discuss how the ideas relate to Toronto.

TICKETS ARE $9, BUT THEY OFFER A DISCOUNTED PRICE TO GROUPS: $6 ? A SAVINGS OF $3!

If anyone is interested in this, let TUGS know by OCTOBER 20, and if there are enough people interested, we can take advantage of the discounted tickets.

Regards,

Vesna Domitrovic
President, TUGS