[tugs] Welcome back!; Frosh Week Table; UTERN

  • From: Daniel Stevens <daniel.stevens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tugsgeneral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:19:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hey there everyone!

Summer's now coming to an end and the reality of classes comes closer and
closer.  I hope that everyone's had a great summer and that you're all relaxed
and ready for the upcoming school year.  We've got a number of things planned,
both of a social and academic nature.  Please check our website in early
September (at http://tugsonline.cjb.net) for an up-to-date list of events.
Remember, feel free to drop by our office and hang out, or just pop in to use
the microwave and phone.

TUGS and the Department of Geogrpahy are trying to get a table for Friday, Sept
7th, on St George Street (where many campus groups have booths/tables).  We're
hoping to advertise TUGS and the Geography Programs at U of T and create more
awareness of who we are and what we do.  For those of you wanting to get more
involved, we'd really appreciate any help you could give at our table and with
the other things going on that day (there are some recycling things we can be
involved in should we have enough people).  If you're interested in this,
please contact Jennifer Cunha as soon as possible (bejocas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx).
Thanks for your help!

For those of you interested specifically in environmental issues at the
University of Toronto and elseware, UTERN has been created as an umbrella
organization to foster communication and cooperation between campus groups with
environmental concerns.  The UTERN website features a Calendar which will list
events on campus (and off) which would be of interest to its member
organizations and to individuals with environmental concerns.  There is also a
library of online resources being developed (feel free to suggest sites) and a
section listing when the meetings will be (and hosting the minutes of meetings
you may have missed).  Check out UTERN, of which TUGS is a member, at

Just as a reminder, for those interested in helping out on Friday, Sept 7th
with the TUGS table, please contact Jennifer at bejocas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
thanks in advance!

Take care, and see you when the school year beings!
Daniel Stevens
tugs coordinator