[tugs] Vote no - Proposed Studnet Levy for New Athletic Centre

  • From: "Daniel Stevens" <daniel.stevens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tugsgeneral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:11:40 -0500

Geography students,

Further to the e-mail sent our earlier, here is a site with information
about the proposed student levy for the new Athletic Centre:
http://www.nolevy.ca/  This contains media reports on the issue and an
overview of the consequences of the plan - it gives good reason to Vote
No!

Here is the site by the Faculty of Physical Education and Health:
http://www.utoronto.ca/physical/newvars/  Of course they want the
facility because they can use it for their programme - but why should
_WE_ fund it?  The Faculty of Arts and Science's "Sid Smith" is crap,
but that doesn't mean we should introduce a campus-wide levy to fund a
nicer building paid for by students in all disciplines and faculties.
The University won't fund this project, but they will fund a more modest
proposal which will go ahead if the results of this upcoming referendum
is "no".

Think about it, and be informed.  And then cast your vote when your
ballot arrives in the mail.

TUGS

Check in out: http://www.nolevy.ca