[tugsgen] TUGS Newsletter

  • From: "TUGS: Toronto Undergraduate Geography Societ" <Tugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tugsgeneral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:29:55 -0500

Some announcements from TUGS General Meeting (Nov 9):

1) LOGO CONTEST
We will be printing TUGS T-Shirts in the near future and we are
holding a contest for people to design a logo for the society. If you
want to enter, then draw us a design on a piece of paper with your
name and email address and drop it into the TUGS office (SS613)
before 1pm on Thursday November 16th. The executive will decide
on a winner and let you know. There WILL be prizes, so get
thinking guys!

ACADEMIC AND SOCIAL COMMITTEES
2) If any of you are interested in joining either the academic
committee (headed by Sep) or the social committee (headed by
Amy), then let them know. You can join both if you want....the
more help the better!! We need your assistance in organizing
social events, academic seminars etc so if you're interested in
getting more involved then their email addresses can be found on
the Executive page of the TUGS website (http://tugsonline.cjb.net).

3) JAM NIGHT
Our first major social is taking place on Thursday November 30th
@ the Regal Beagle (just West of Bloor & St. George on the
southside, between Bloor and Huron). We will be having a Jam
Night, so feel free to bring along whatever musical instruments you
like (and can play to some degree!!) and join in. We will be meeting
@ 8:30pm in the bar, so come along - it will be a great chance to
get involved with some other geographers and meet your new exec
if you haven't already done so.

4) R.C.D.T. RECRUITMENT STARTS HERE!
The TUGS chapter of the R.C.D.T. (Rapid Crayon Deployment
Team) is now looking for members to assist with the task of
clearing the city of uncoloured maps. We will be a permanent
fixture at all TUGS events in our overalls and with a constant stock
of coloured crayons. As everybody knows, Geography is all about
colouring maps, and so to prove ourselves we have decided to take
this to the next level! If you think you have what it takes to be a
member of the R.C.D.T. (and want to have a laugh in the process)
then email me (HKelly@xxxxxxx) with details of how to contact
you.

That's all for now - spread the word about TUGS in your classes
and let people know we're here!

Thanks,

Helen Kelly
TUGS Publicity Officer