[tugs] Reminder: TUGS Movie Night - Monday

  • From: tugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tugsgeneral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 20:33:21 -0500

MOVIE NIGHT - A CRUDE AWAKENING: THE OIL CRASH

TUGS will be hosting a movie night on Tuesday, Feb 4th at 6pm in
Sidney Smith 2125.

Our film selection is A Crude Awakening. Produced and directed by
award-winning European journalists and filmmakers Basil Gelpke
and Ray McCormack, it tells the story of how our civilization's
addiction to oil puts it on a collision course with geology.
Compelling, intelligent, and highly entertaining, the film visits
with the world's top experts and comes to a startling, but logical
conclusion that our industrial society, built on cheap and readily
available oil, must be completely re-imagined and overhauled.

Discussion to follow!

Hope to see you there!

Sidney Smith Hall, Room 613