[tugs] (Fwd) (Fwd) WalkSafer reminder

  • From: "TUGS:Toronto Undergraduate Geography Society" <Tugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tugsexec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tugs_creps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,tugsgeneral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 18:28:48 -0500

From:                   "JOE DESLOGES" <Desloges@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:                     everyone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent:              Thu, 14 Nov 2002 07:56:38 EST
Subject:                (Fwd) WalkSafer reminder

Hello,

Now that winter is approaching and the nights are much
darker and longer, I'd like to remind you of the
WalkSafer Service on our downtown campus. Many of
you warmly welcomed representatives of the program
into your classes in September in order to speak to your
students and inform them of the valuable service.
Thanks to those efforts, studentsleaving night classes
make up a large percentage of our clientele. We are,
however, always hoping to help more students feel safe
and comfortable on campus. I would therefore ask you
to remind your students of the WalkSafer Service, and
encourage them to call. Again, we operate from 7 pm -
1:30 am nightly, and are a free service. By calling 417-
978-SAFE, they can arrange for a walk ahead of time, or
at the time of the request.

If you would like two representatives from the WalkSafer
Service to come to your class and speak briefly to the
students, please email or call me with your class
location and time. I would also be happy to send you
WalkSafer brochures to be made available to the
students. Again, please be in touch with an address to
which the brochures can be sent.

Finally, please be reminded that the WalkSafer Service
is available not only to students, but staff and
community members as well. Please feel free to use the
service yourselves - we are always extremely happy to
service our staff and faculty as well.

Thank you for your time and help, and I look forward to
any questions or comments you might have.

Maran Stern
WalkSafer Coordinator
University of Toronto
416-978-2905
marstern79@xxxxxxxxxxx

MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. Get 2
months FREE*.
------- End of forwarded message -------Joseph R.
Desloges, Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Geography and Program in Planning
Chair's Office: 416-978-4977
University of Toronto, 100 St. George St.
Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 3G3
phone: office 416-978-4977, lab: 416-978-5234; fax:
416-978-6729
desloges@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.geog.utoronto.ca/info/facweb/desloges/index.
html