[tugs] CBC Environmental Forum Thursday

  • From: "amy cooper" <coops_123@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tugsgeneral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:56:57

CBC's "Counterspin" is hosting a forum on the recent Environmental Summit at
the Hague on the evening of Thursday November 30th.  The CBC is looking for
interested, environmentally-conscious students to be part of the audience.
They are especially interested in students who will ask educated questions
and raise pertinent issues (although they stressed there's no pressure to do
so!!!)

The forum will consist of a panel of environmental professors, as well as
some individuals actually present and responsible for the controversial
events that occurred at the summit.

Participants are to arrive between 7:15-7:30pm at the John St. entrance of
CBC Studios at Front and John.  The show will go live to air from
8:00-9:00pm.  It will be aired three times Thursday, across the country
(National coverage!!).  Anyone interested in taking part should call Carly
Stasko at (416) 968-0899 to let her know you'll be there.  She will have a
list so she can check people in quickly on Thursday evening.  If you get
voice mail, leave your name, why you're calling and your phone number (just
in case).

We would encourage anyone with an interest in this field to make the effort
to attend.

TUGS

P.S.  For those of you attending Jam Night, we will not be too upset if
you're a little late!!!!