[tssg-tech] research on Adapters (what, why, when and how)

I'm attaching a Word document that has the results of my research around the
net
on Adapters - what are they, why and when to use them, how to implement them
and
use multiple adapters. I was surprised (but should not have been) that they are
actually an implementation of the Mediator pattern. They are also required for
AdapterViews (such as ListView and GridView). When you do a 'setAdapter()' on
the view to change the adapter, the data in the list is automatically
invalidated, and the list refreshes itself.

The attached contains the details, links and additional information.

Julie

Julie (Dingee) Carwellos
Web and IT Project Analyst, User Experience and Interaction Designer
LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdingeecarwellos