[Try Astronomy] Januaray 2005 Meeting

All:
Our next meeting is at 7:00 PM on Thursday January 13th. As usual, it will be
held at the New Urban Ecology Center building 1500 East Park Place.  We will
have a presentation on Messier Objects (those strange fuzzy patches of light
everybody talks about) by Art Paque. Hopefully it will be clear afterwards
since there are now some good objects out for observation including:   Comet
Makholz, Saturn, and some neat messier objects appropriate to Art's
presentation.

In terms of the business meeting at 6:00 PM there are some important items we
want to discuss:

    1)   Affiliation with the Urban Ecology Center (UEC).    After several
discussions that I have had with UEC people  (Judy & Ken), it appears that we
already are affiliated with them and that their insurance covers us for UEC
sponsored events such as viewing on their grounds or during events that are
publicized through them. Examples were the Venus Transit and the August 2003
Mars viewing in which we had over 200 people show up).  If we need to do any
financial transactions we would simply notify them to add us as a line item to
their budget. It now appears that the vote we talked about at the last meeting
on whether or not to join the UEC is not necessary.

    2)    Programs Committee. The function would be to determine and schedule
what presentations and/or what speakers we want to choose for the upcoming year.

    3)    Dobsonian Project. If and how we want to proceed.

    4)    Messier Marathon. do we want to set up a march Messier or
Mini-Messier marathon sometime in  March?  Where?, With another group?,...

    5)    Our Webpage. Any ideas or sugesstions you may have.

Please let me know if you have any corrections or additions to the above
information.

Thanks, Vic Vargo    Phone:    (414) 327-3861    Cell:    (414) 331-3862
used by Milwaukee's urban
astronomers.
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/tryastronomy

To send an e-mail message to