[Try Astronomy] Huygens Probe

For everyone's information, if you have the Science Channel, 141 the
following shows will air tonight and tomorrow night if you are
interested.  As with most shows on this channel if you miss the first
time the show is aired you can catch them again later in the evening.
Times are Eastern Standard, we are one hour behind.  Get ready for a
good show!   :) Becca

=20

Rendezvous With Saturn's Moon
Thursday, Jan. 13, at 8 p.m.
The night before the Huygens landing, we'll cover the Cassini mission
with a special in-depth focus on Huygens itself. We'll meet the
scientists behind this exciting mission; take a behind-the-scenes tour
of the Huygens craft that will land on Titan the next day; and find out
all about how Titan looks like a frozen version of what our own planet
Earth looked like 4.5 billion years ago. Just how did life evolve on
Earth from the primordial soup of organic materials? Could Titan hold
the answers?

Touchdown on Saturn's Moon
Friday, Jan. 14, at 9 p.m.
Shot live earlier in the evening from the European Space Agency mission
control center in Germany, cover the Huygen's historic landing on Titan,
including the first photographs taken by the Huygens probe as it lands.
Will Huygens land safely on rocky land, or in a lake of liquid methane?
Will this be the first oceanographic exploration of another world? What
do scientists, who have spent their entire careers preparing for this
mission, hope to discover? This one-hour special will cover the drama as
it unfolds in the control room during the landing and during Huygen's
first data transmissions.

=20

=20

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: =20
The information contained in this e-mail communication and
any attached documentation may be privileged, confidential,
or otherwise protected from disclosure and is intended only
for the use of the designated recipient(s).  It is not intended
for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized person.
The use, distribution, transmittal, or re-transmittal by an
unintended recipient of this communication is strictly prohibited
without our express approval in writing or by e-mail.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it from your
system without copying it and notify the above sender so that
our e-mail address may be corrected.  Receipt by anyone other
than the intended recipient is not a waiver of any attorney-
client or work-product privlege.

-- Type: image/jpeg
-- File: image001.jpg
-- Desc: image001.jpg