[triadtechtalk] desk top flickering

  • From: "Juanita Kimble" <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:41:35 -0600

While I was having the problem of going into safe mode my screen kept
flickering. I kept going to properties
because I was concerened about my refresh rate.
The last time I went to properties I noticed two little black charcters in the
left botton corner of my
screen. I left  clicked on them nothing happened. I right clicked on them one
at a time. Each time I got the
properties box.

Several days ago I was playing around. I right clicked on the desk
top\new\shortcut. Typed in mailto: Up poped
an empty OE message. I didn't have OE open.
I just closed the new message box.

Anyway after I did the right click thing the empty message went to mailwasher.
My screen hasn't flickered
again. "Holding breath" Haven't went to safe mode again either. Do you suppose
that caused all my problems?

A long time ago someone else on this forum had a flickering screen. I don't
think they ever sloved his
problem. Anyway thought this might save someone else from doing the same thing
I did.

Too bad the tips don't tell you what can happen if you do something or don't do
something.

Juanita

---