[triadtechtalk] Re: Worm\virus

  • From: Armando Barreiro <avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 01:36:32 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Sasser & Blaster will shut down your PC & make you reboot.
Nimda does not.

Sasser was the latest one, the FBI already caught the fool
in Germany who began its spread.
You can get more technical information about this outbreak & removal instructions at:
http://datadr.com/redir.cfm/W32_Sasser_B/

Blaster was the one before Sasser, a couple of months ago, and was preventable
by enabling a firewall. Removal tool:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

Nimda's description:
http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/nimda.shtml
It may be better to do an online virus scan, determine what is the trouble and then proceed with the proper solution. Here are some
online virus scanners.

Try this one:
http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_pcc.asp
If that doesn't work, try this one, it is Norton's online scanner:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N17C24761
Another one, Panda online scanner
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E1CC62761

here are some links for virus removal tools:
http://www.bitdefender.com/html/free_tools.php
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html

klez removal tool
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.removal.tool.html