[triadtechtalk] Re: Windows Messanger

Don't remove just one - remove them all. Follow their instructions. Majorgeeks'
instructions are
purposedly detailed. Be sure you use AdAware and Spybot S&D fully updated first.
This will extricate any other junk that will obstruct the removal of the real
nasty
bugs, such as dlccom.

Juanita said:
>Ok Armando. I went to Majorgeeks. Was reading. I found a list of programs he
>said if you have them in add\remove you should remove them. I found one
>there might be more. Will check later but wanted to get you alls advice on
>this one first. Major said sometimes removing these programs would slove
>your problem.

Probably because as is customary for worms to do so, they replace valid programs
so as to take over the PC. That's what they are designed to do. Don't look for
what's not there,
but for what is there and is listed as not being supposed to be there.

Juanita wrote:
>The program is Viewpoint Media Player. But I don't see the regular old
>windows media player in there.

Yes, in Safe Mode and disable System Restore, and only then proceed to remove
every instance
of dlccmon.exe that is listed in the HJT log. If need be, (but of course),
crank up regedit,
Start|Run|regedit|OK and remove all the listed instances of dlccmon as listed
in the HJT log.

Juanita wrote:
>Is this something dell put on here?

It would seem so, but not really. A worm will try to disguise itself, so its
hard to say.
I really doubt that it was their doing.

Afterwards, reboot. Run HJT again and give us that new log so that we can
inspect it.
Hopefully it will be a "good" and "clean" one. If not, we'll tackle anything
else that
is still in there.

That's why I advised you to read their instructions. Aren't worms a
bummer?(rhetorical)

Armando
>well, dlcccoms.exe is a worm. This is from a Googlr Search:
>

>Ok Armando. I went to Majorgeeks. Was reading. I found a list of programs he
>said if you have them in add\remove you should remove them. I found one
>there might be more. Will check later but wanted to get you alls advice on
>this one first. Major said sometimes removing these programs would slove
>your problem.
>
>The program is Viewpoint Media Player. But I don't see the regular old
>windows media player in there.
>
>Anyway I didn't see any fix for dcccoms.exe So am I just suppose to go into
>safe mode and take it off the startup. Maybe disable system restore first?
>
>Is this something dell put on here?
>

>Juanita
>

>VIEW ARCHIVES @ http://www.freelists.org

>unsubscribe in the Subject field.
>
>To VIEW/CHANGE your subscription status go to
>http://www.freelists.org/webpage/triadtechtalk

Ye

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/triadtechtalk