[triadtechtalk] Re: Windows Installer

  • From: "Lewis & Becky" <skyhawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:21:42 -0700

It worked.... Thanks Armando

skyhawk

----- Original Message -----
From: <avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 9:41 AM
Subject: [triadtechtalk] Re: Windows Installer

Try this:
http://tinyurl.com/rb51

"The computer might have lost the association to .msi
file type. Just run the following commands from a DOS
window and it will restore the associations.
Run them in the same sequence as below

msiexec /unregserver
msiexec /regserver

But for more detail, look here:

http://tinyurl.com/rb5r

Remember to have a restore point enabled before you do
this. Shit happens, you know?

Did you install ERUNT? That'll do just as good as
System Restore, IMO.

I hate XP.

HTH,
armando

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:00:12 -0700, "Lewis & Becky"
wrote:

I am having a difficult time getting some programs
to install.. Or to get them to un-install...

I keep getting an error message that says That I
need a new windows installer...

Now I know it is what it says it is... But where do
I get another one.. To repair or replace my existing
one????

skyhawk