[triadtechtalk] Re: Who is still out there?

  • From: brian <brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:07:00 -0500

Walt & Howard,

I am so glad you are both still with the group.

Walt, I thought I was the only one with an old OS. You started way before me. When I got going I started with Win98 and never got a chance to use Win95. I have a fondness for Win98 and still occasionally booting into it with my dual boot system but now use WinXP nearly all of the time. Some say Win95 was the big jump for Microsoft and that may be Win7 will be another one so I am ready to give it a try.
Maybe you will move to it at a later date like I did with WinXP.

Chuck's message to Donna sure seems like Chuck is sold on Win7. So I guess I can focus on the decisions about a new computer and not be concerned about the OS.

Howard, I still look back at some of the tips you had given me way back, so it is sure great you are still in the thick of things. I hope you can offer some advise about buying my new system; there are so many choices and options to consider it seems overwhelming at times. I guess this is because I have spent most of my time learning how things operate and trouble shooting, and not much time on new items in the market.

BTW, Walt is was nice to see your web site.

Chuck you mentioned a new site what is the link to your existing site?
Who else has a web site?

Well, anyway its good to see your both still with TTT!

BRIAN
********************

Howard wrote:
Hello Brian and all ...

Yep, I'm still here and reading TTT whenever I see it come into my email. Seems I'm not answering a lot, but I never did get into Vista. (Gotta stay with what MOST customers want, and Vista was not high on many peoples list)!

I'm still building, repairing and selling new and used computers, but age is becoming a factor that I would rather not deal with ... :)

I did dual boot Win 7 RC on an XP box, but seldom had time to play with it, so I'm not gonna be much help with that part of your question. I guess I better get going on it soon as Oct. 22nd is getting close. I am still too busy to do much with it ... I now even have a helper to look after used repairs etc. but I still can't build as fast as I can sell. However, I am still only installing XP PRO.

It's good to see some of the old gang still posting (yeah ... YOU Chuck!) among others that have been around for a long time. I would like to see more posts from the newer members ... we all need your input to keep us old foggies on the ball.

Thanks also to Donna for putting up with us for these many years.

Good to hear from all the old .. er  gang on here as well ...

Howard

===================================

I am not a good tech, but relie on all of these good people for help at times. My three computers are still going strong, including my wife's W95 ! Most of my time and usage is with XP, have Vista Basic on a laptop, but use it very little, it's so slow on line. I have dial-up, take the laptop to the library to use their free high speed wireless for big updates.
Not considering W7 for the laptop at present, too expensive.
But I like to keep up reading comments.. Thanks to all!
--
Walt Daniels, in New Burlington,
a quiet suburb of Cincinnati

Chuck,

Well its great that you are among the experts still remaining in the group.

Armando is still here offering his expertise.
Victor is another great source of help.
Juanita I think is, like me, still needing occasional help.
Donna is keeping things going.

Clarence, Lance, Howard, Cuffy, etc; names from the past---And we know
some have moved on, but I hope some are still there?

Hopefully, there are still some of the old group still there, and maybe
some new members too that will check in and tell us about their
experiences , their plans, and opinion about Win7.