[triadtechtalk] Re: USR V.92 modems

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 01:25:28 -0700 (PDT)

What's your OS, CPU and RAM? You don't say!
I'll surmise you're using a minimum 166MHZ with MMX
CPU.

Does your ICN software offer the "Always Ignore
Incoming Calls" option? Try setting it to ignore
incoming calls. Do you have call waiting and have you
configured your connection accordingly?

Take a look at this page:
http://tinyurl.com/hjjy
and look in the FAQs and Troubleshooting sections.

Is there a lot of "noise" in your phone lines? Is there
someone else trying to call out unbeknownst to you?

If that doesn't help, did you think of acquiring
guidance from your ISP?

If all else fails, it may be easier to obtain a
different modem. I just purchased a couple for $8 bucks
ea. at a local PC supplies store. 56K v.90 - Win
modems(internal PCI), but serve me well...<shrug>

Office Max offered a "free after rebates" one this
weekend in my area of this great nation.

HTH,
armando. 8-)
When the door of happiness closes, another opens.
But oftentimes we look so long at the closed door that
we don't see the one which has been opened for us.

------------
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 02:05:19 -0500 (EST), in FreeLists
"CS IMAP" <eastofhope@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Subject: [triadtechtalk] USR V.92 modems
> Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:39:32 -0700
>
> I am sorry if you have received this post before, but
> keep getting it returned by Ecartis saying that there
> are no commands included.  I am subscribed to
> triadtechtalk.
> 1.  USR V.92 Pro (5610 internal)
>
> ICN software does not work.  Any clues?  Currently, I
> have removed the ICN software and the USR driver.  I
> have had to load in a generic driver to get the modem
> to work without its periodic failures.  This is the
> worst product I have worked with.  The software seems
> poorly written.  Any help will be appreciated.
>
> 2.  USR V.92 Winmodem
>
> This modem driver will not connect to my ISP.  Appears
> to a timing issue.  Have tried to reset the modem
using