[triadtechtalk] Trojans-Hacker sites

  • From: brian99 <brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:53:50 -0600

Chuck,
WOW! All I could envision is that my computer being reduced to an expensive boat anchor after entering the wrong site!
That is the last kind of problems I need at this stage of my education about computers. Thanks for explaining what is required to be even somewhat "safe" if going to the Hacker sites. I am afraid I am about a life time away from either having the right computer or the know how to enter any of those sites.

Armando,
I had installed some of the programs you had previously mentioned, and I guess I may have just missed or could not find some of the others. The one I had looked for when you mentioned it earlier was The Proxomitron. But the sites I found said it was discontinued. However, I looked again now and I finally did find version. 4.5 and downloaded it. I will give it a try in the near future.

Thanks to all for the valuable information on this critical subject.

BRIAN